Topic Title: Please remove Raptr from your CCC
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/11/2014 01:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/11/2014 01:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HALALsnackbar
Peon

It's disrespectful to your customers to add something like this into your software suite. I've even heard claims that it auto installs using the driver detection software. If I continue to see bullshit adware like this in your CCC I will never buy another AMD product again. It's sad because since my first PC build at 12 years old I've used AMD products and for everyone of my customers who ask for a PC build but not if you're going to attempt to be putting such bullshit crapware on my computer.

Did you see that pixelated picture it shows with a clearer image next to it? You are insulting my, and your customers intelligence if you're trying to tell me that's what the software does, it de-pixaltes!

Seriously you are losing respect and if it doesn't change I will forever bad mouth this company and whenever someone asks about your products I will say "Don't ..they partner with shady companies who try to install garabgeware on your computer".

Thanks!

06/11/2014 01:38 PM

Author Icon
backFireX64
Elite

Of all the problems people are having, you come bitching about raptr....................................................................... seriously ?

Can you hang around and help other users on this forum ?

Now THAT will teach amd some manners !!!

-------------------------

gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2, core i7 975 3.9ghz (stock voltage), windows 8.1 64-bit, corsair 12gb DDR3 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, xfx HD 5970 + gigabyte HD 5970 (stock clocks), coolermaster ultimate 900w PSU.
amd catalyst 14.7 RC3 aug12

06/11/2014 01:42 PM

Author Icon
backFireX64
Elite

Or,

you can ddos attack the hell out of amd by sending this form repeatedly till the end of times.

gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2, core i7 975 3.9ghz (stock voltage), windows 8.1 64-bit, corsair 12gb DDR3 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, xfx HD 5970 + gigabyte HD 5970 (stock clocks), coolermaster ultimate 900w PSU.

06/11/2014 01:46 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Just uncheck Raptr if you don't want it. If you don't know how to do that then I bet you have 15 different toolbars in your browser, your home page changes between Yahoo, Google, and Ask all the time, Bing Desktop is installed, you have Norton and McAfee installed...As to prevent all of those you have to uncheck an option during the installations of many programs.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 06/11/2014 01:50 PM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Originally posted by: HALALsnackbar It's disrespectful to your customers to add something like this into your software suite. I've even heard claims that it auto installs using the driver detection software. If I continue to see bullshit adware like this in your CCC I will never buy another AMD product again. It's sad because since my first PC build at 12 years old I've used AMD products and for everyone of my customers who ask for a PC build but not if you're going to attempt to be putting such bullshit crapware on my computer.

Did you see that pixelated picture it shows with a clearer image next to it? You are insulting my, and your customers intelligence if you're trying to tell me that's what the software does, it de-pixaltes!

Seriously you are losing respect and if it doesn't change I will forever bad mouth this company and whenever someone asks about your products I will say "Don't ..they partner with shady companies who try to install garabgeware on your computer".

Thanks!

Maybe you need to learn how to install software.

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

06/12/2014 02:15 AM

Author Icon
Shamalanana
Peon

---Disclaimer---

This account was created for the sole purpose of making this post. I have no intention of joining your community and am actually offended by it at this point.

---

The OP of this thread stated exactly my sentiment in his topic. His method of delivery leaves a little to be desired, but I do share his feelings.

There's no rhyme or reason to go into how long I've been working in IT, degrees, certs, random name drop, etc as it has no bearing on the argument so I'll save everyone the hassle.

This software was running on my computer when I rebooted after installing updates from MS today. The last time I updated my driver from AMD's website directly was over 30 days ago. Upon installation of the software, there was no selector to NOT have Raptr installed on my computer. So I immediately uninstalled Raptr and moved on with life.

My issue, is that this software was installed without my knowledge/consent RECENTLY. I have not actively updated my drivers since 5/3 (I don't get many weekends off, so it was a notable date.) That being the case, how exactly did a piece of software I removed, get installed again when I am the sole user of this computer?

To the forum members that replied to the OP, you should take a step down off your soap boxes. I guarantee that neither of you attempted to recreate his situation to see if you can duplicate the scenario. You obviously helped to write the installer package and know every word contained on every screen and prompt. Do yourselves a favor and attempt to install the latest build of AMD's driver and post a screenshot of the box that we are supposed to click. THEN you can post whatever you want about the size of his HDD.

We can only hope that corporate takes these matters a little more seriously. There are people that sue over something so small.

06/12/2014 02:22 AM

Author Icon
Shamalanana
Peon

I left out one bit. Back in the day, we used to be able to download the "Software" AND the driver or just the driver.

Why can't I get "just the driver" without all the extra crap? If I don't want Catalyst, Raptr, ATI Control Center, whatever, why can't I download the standalone driver?

06/12/2014 02:34 AM

Author Icon
Gavin.Williams
Peon

I agree that Raptr shouldn't be installed. My system is already good enough to play games, I don't want another add-on to play games or configure my system unless it's clear what that add-on can provide,  and it's just another product you have to support. You can't even fix the problems with CCC and you want to add another variable ?!

06/12/2014 03:04 AM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Originally posted by: Shamalanana

There's no rhyme or reason to go into how long I've been working in IT, degrees, certs, random name drop, etc as it has no bearing on the argument so I'll save everyone the hassle.

Heard it all before,everyones a professional.

Originally posted by: Shamalanana I left out one bit. Back in the day, we used to be able to download the "Software" AND the driver or just the driver.

Why can't I get "just the driver" without all the extra crap? If I don't want Catalyst, Raptr, ATI Control Center, whatever, why can't I download the standalone driver?

You can,By selecting "custom" install and only clicking on the driver,it's always been that way.Any "true" IT professional will tell you that.

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

06/12/2014 03:33 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

06/12/2014 03:35 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

06/12/2014 04:10 AM

Author Icon
UcouldBrong
Overclocker

That simple?  Wow!

Non-noob components.

06/12/2014 07:58 AM

Author Icon
backFireX64
Elite

I quote:

I've even heard claims that it auto installs using the driver detection software.

and

This software was running on my computer when I rebooted after installing updates from MS today.

It seems that i've missed that two key points.

Is Raptr installed automatically through windows update ?

If that is the case then i can imagine being a problem for a lot of people.

I personally have no software (ok, with an exception or two) updating automatically in my pc.

Does it eliminate the concept of automatation of pc ? Yes.

Am i being paranoid by doing so ? Probably.

The point is that as a user, it should always be my choice. I'm in control.

Now, should i cry to amd, microsoft, my dad or whoever in a p2p forum ?

ABSOLUTELY NOT !

Should i inform other people on a forum about a probable issue with drivers or personal rights, or better yet, send a complaint report directly to microsoft and amd and, if i desire, post it publicly ?

ABSOLUTELY YES !

Could i have personally be less sarcastic and more observant ? Probably yes. The rant did not help me at all though.

In any case, if anyone comes to this forum with compaints and frustration (like most of us do), please, follow the forum rules, seek advice and respect yourself and others.

@HALALsnackbar   and    @Shamalanana

Stick around and pass on your own experience and feedback.

I would personally be glad to chat, assist, or get your own advice.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT 1:      i didn't or will probably won't try replicating the issue, because it's not that a big deal. For me at least anyway. Sorry for feeding my ego.

The point is that we all learn to give good feedback and respect one another on a p2p forum

EDIT 2:   @stumped:    precise, to the point and with good info as always.

Thanks.

Edited: 06/12/2014 at 08:06 AM by backFireX64
 06/12/2014 03:10 PM

Author Icon
HALALsnackbar
Peon

To the fanboi's who are commenting about "omg just click custom" or "lol you don't know how to install software", please learn to read.

I get it when a freeware does it. They need to make money somehow, which is why you see the toolbars and all that other BS packed into software. I paid money for this product ..don't try and cram this ***** down my throat. Especially a software that blatalntly insults us with it's "gaming performance enchancement de-pixalting more better gameplay and less buffering" bullshit. Seriously AMD, you are better than this.

Why can't I get only the driver?

06/12/2014 03:20 PM

Author Icon
HALALsnackbar
Peon

Originally posted by: Earnhardt
Originally posted by: Shamalanana

Heard it all before,everyones a professional.

Originally posted by: Shamalanana I left out one bit. Back in the day, we used to be able to download the "Software" AND the driver or just the driver.

You can,By selecting "custom" install and only clicking on the driver,it's always been that way.Any "true" IT professional will tell you that.

You are an idiot. It has not "always been like this" unless you are 13. Asus still gives you the option of drivers only, or software and drivers. Please stop pretending to be a "true" IT professional.

06/12/2014 04:19 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

I can only add one thing to the flame war. You are on a user forum. It's not our CCC and not our raptr. Bitching to us won't do anything except what is already happening, a flame war. Contact AMD, tell them your opinion and get all your friends do the same thing. We can't do anything for you when it comes to removing it.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

06/12/2014 04:20 PM

Author Icon
guy66
Peon

Originally posted by: HALALsnackbar To the fanboi's who are commenting about "omg just click custom" or "lol you don't know how to install software", please learn to read.

I get it when a freeware does it. They need to make money somehow, which is why you see the toolbars and all that other BS packed into software. I paid money for this product ..don't try and cram this ***** down my throat. Especially a software that blatalntly insults us with it's "gaming performance enchancement de-pixalting more better gameplay and less buffering" bullshit. Seriously AMD, you are better than this.

Why can't I get only the driver?

You can but you need a little bit of intelligence to do it!

06/12/2014 04:35 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

This subject has been cussed and discussed ever since it was bestowed upon us sheep. A simple forum search would show you how many threads raptr/gaming evolved has. Read this. Nothing you can say or do here on this peer-to-peer gaming forum is going to influence AMD to make it a seperate download. It is crapware of the highest order. Uninstalling it (completely) is a PITA. You not only have to remove 'gaming evolved' but 'raptr' as well...and that through the registry. So keep starting new threads and recieve the same response for being 'stupid'. Or save yourself some grief and use the search form, that every forum has, and see 'who came before you'.

06/12/2014 05:26 PM

Author Icon
HALALsnackbar
Peon

The amount of people in here who can't comprehend the discussion at hand is astounding. If they included a software like AVG, I wouldn't really complain. It's a useful tool that actually does something. When you stuff this Raptr garbage in your suite and try to pass it off as some "tool" you are insulting us. Your PAYING customers.

Of course I'm going to post it here on this forum because maybe there are others who also share this point of view and will also contact them because of it. If you don't agree, post why.

06/12/2014 06:01 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: HALALsnackbar The amount of people in here who can't comprehend the discussion at hand is astounding. If they included a software like AVG, I wouldn't really complain. It's a useful tool that actually does something. When you stuff this Raptr garbage in your suite and try to pass it off as some "tool" you are insulting us. Your PAYING customers.

Of course I'm going to post it here on this forum because maybe there are others who also share this point of view and will also contact them because of it. If you don't agree, post why.

You probably didn't read the link I gave you. The problem is, there is no 'issue report form' for raptr and this is not a AMD technical support forum. You can use the link at the bottom of the page to contact AMD. Please keep us informed. And please, stop refering to " garbage in your suite and try to pass it off as some "tool" you are insulting us" as we are the 'us' too and it's not our suite. We are users just like you. So rant and rave all you want (to a certain point)..it will change nothing. This is a gamig forum. Everybody here is a user..not a AMD employee (except for the moderators who are here to make sure everybody stays civil). No need preaching to the choir.

Statistics
84738 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.