Topic Title: HDMI Audio: Silent stream disabled again?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/11/2014 01:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/11/2014 01:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Prime2515103
Peon

I was having a problem with my sound from the AMD HDMI audio device. The HDMI icon on my receiver would start blinking (indicating that the audio was disconnected) and then when I play a sound there is a delay (1 to 3 seconds roughly, it varied).

After searching around the internet I found out that it was because a "silent stream" needs to be fed to the receiver to keep it from switching the sound completely off. I also found out that this problem was fixed at some point by AMD.

However, the problem is there now with Catalyst v14.4 (whatever audio driver version comes with that). This, and Realtek's v2.7, are the only two versions I have tried (yesterday is the first time I've used HDMI audio) and they both have the same problem.

I had to download a program called "AVR Audio Guard" which solves the problem, but I would rather not have to (and shouldn't have to) install third party software to fix the problem.

Is there a registry setting or anyting to enable this "silent stream"?

Please fix this in the next driver update.

Thanks

Statistics
84106 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.