I followed stumped's guide for clean install a new driver. Unfortunately I've got an issue
AMD HD7570, no overclocking
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
8.941.3.0 (issued by microsoft I think. I want to install catalyst 14.4 (or 14.6, tried both), but there is an issue
Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
After doing the clean uninstall (uninstall everything with amd install manager as described in stumped's post), run driver fusion in safe mode, I want to install the new driver. Unfortunately, it will only install :
- amd install manager
- HMDI audio output driver
- Game evolved
The actual display driver will not be installed. In additional details, you will find my exact procedure.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
Foxconn 2ABF 1.30
is it relevant ? (I do not want to open the computer as there is still the warranty
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Asus VS247 LCD monitor
- DVI used
- Intel Core i5-2320x4 @3.00GHz
Motherboard BIOS Version
System Memory Type & Amount
- include specific brand & model
nothing special I guess (I buyed a standard HP desktop PC)
Here the exact procedure I followed :
- Create restore point
- check windows updates (everything ok), I also checked the if I have netframe 4.5.1 version
- Uninstall driver : I went to program/functionalities, right clicked on it and choosed modify, choosed the option uninstall ALL. The standard VGA driver started.
- reboot in safe mode
- Used driver fusion to delete all AMD entries in the display section
- Reboot the computer
- Ran the driver suite (both tried 14.4 and 14.6). In both cases, I had only 3 choices in the list : AMD install manager, HMDI Audio, and Game evolved (exact names may vary). Basically, I am stucked with the standard VGA driver. I also tried to install with the standard VGA driver unabled or uninstalled.
So, what am I doing wrong ? Did I miss something ?
For now I went back to the restauration point....
Thank you in advance for your help... I think it may be the bios. I must admit that concerning this stuff, I am at the limit of my computer knowledge.
Extra comment : using a French PC, some of the translations may not be the exact English terms, do not hesitate to ask.
03:02 PM by