Topic Title: monitors blinks when one is turned off
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2014 02:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2014 02:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Chazy
Peon

Hi, i have a problem with new AMD catalyst software/drivers (it's not happening with preinstalled from windows update).

I have multi monitor configuration, 3x 24" full hd (lg 24ea53) in the same graphic card, but the video cables are pretty weird... They are 3-5 m long and they have different connectors in each side hdmi<->dvi (i'm sure they are dual link). I don't think this is the problem. Main desktop monitor is connected via hdmi in graphic card but dvi in monitor.

The problem is when i turn off one or more displays (like 2 at the same time) the others blink for a moment and you can hear the windows sound for connected/disconnected device. It's very annoying, sometimes the pictures tiles messed up (like a typical graphic video problem) when you are watching a video o playing a videogame and you don't need one or more displays.

Graphics Card
- SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290 (OC)
- factory default settings

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- windows version (working ok), 14.4 and 14.6

Operating System
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits (clean install), and 8.1 update 1 before formatting

Issue Details
- Just install a catalyst software/driver and turn off one of the displays, the others will blink for a moment and you will hear the windows sound for "connected/disconnected device" (not sure).

-Also if you are playing or watching a video it could screw up, the pictures are shown like if there were some graphic problem.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Asus Maximus VI Formula (c2)

Power Supply

- Seasonic SS-1000XP Platinum
- http://www.seasonicusa.com/Platinum_Series.htm

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- LG 24EA53  (vq-p)
- http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B003OSPUQY/ x2

- http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B000JJ5FRU/ x1

Applications and Games

- VLC playing videos are affected by this "graphic problem" effect.

- Any game.

CPU Details
- Intel Core i5-5670k
- Factory default settings.

Motherboard BIOS Version
- Asus BIOS 1402

System Memory Type & Amount
- G.Skill Ripjaws-X / F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Additional Hardware
- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / Seagate ST1000DM003

- Asus RF antenna

06/20/2014 02:58 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: Chazy

The problem is when i turn off one or more displays (like 2 at the same time) the others blink for a moment and you can hear the windows sound for connected/disconnected device. It's very annoying, sometimes the pictures tiles messed up (like a typical graphic video problem) when you are watching a video o playing a videogame and you don't need one or more displays.

That's normal windows behavior. Turn off plug and play, use windows 95 or linux if you don't like it.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

06/27/2014 07:55 AM

Author Icon
timmahnz
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee
Originally posted by: Chazy

That's normal windows behavior. Turn off plug and play, use windows 95 or linux if you don't like it.

So why is this only happening on drivers newer than 13.12?? 

I have this issue and it's a pain.

07/07/2014 08:02 AM

Author Icon
PaulS
Peon

I have registered just to reply to your post.
I have started having the same issue since I have updated the drivers.
Now when one of my screens is turned on, the rest goes black for a second.
AMD better address this issue in the next update.

Statistics
84707 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.