Hi, i have a problem with new AMD catalyst software/drivers (it's not happening with preinstalled from windows update).
I have multi monitor configuration, 3x 24" full hd (lg 24ea53) in the same graphic card, but the video cables are pretty weird... They are 3-5 m long and they have different connectors in each side hdmi<->dvi (i'm sure they are dual link). I don't think this is the problem. Main desktop monitor is connected via hdmi in graphic card but dvi in monitor.
The problem is when i turn off one or more displays (like 2 at the same time) the others blink for a moment and you can hear the windows sound for connected/disconnected device. It's very annoying, sometimes the pictures tiles messed up (like a typical graphic video problem) when you are watching a video o playing a videogame and you don't need one or more displays.
- SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290 (OC)
- factory default settings
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- windows version (working ok), 14.4 and 14.6
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits (clean install), and 8.1 update 1 before formatting
- Just install a catalyst software/driver and turn off one of the displays, the others will blink for a moment and you will hear the windows sound for "connected/disconnected device" (not sure).
-Also if you are playing or watching a video it could screw up, the pictures are shown like if there were some graphic problem.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Asus Maximus VI Formula (c2)
- Seasonic SS-1000XP Platinum
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- LG 24EA53 (vq-p)
- http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B003OSPUQY/ x2
- http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B000JJ5FRU/ x1
Applications and Games
- VLC playing videos are affected by this "graphic problem" effect.
- Any game.
- Intel Core i5-5670k
- Factory default settings.
Motherboard BIOS Version
- Asus BIOS 1402
System Memory Type & Amount
- G.Skill Ripjaws-X / F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL
- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / Seagate ST1000DM003
- Asus RF antenna