Topic Title: AMD 14.7 RC
Topic Summary: new
Created On: 07/10/2014 09:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/28/2014 07:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
drayzen
Peon

Originally posted by: Ray@AMD I've allowed this more laxity that it deserves. Please stop the flaming or I'll be forced to lock the thread.

Ray, I'd prefer not to have to endure this rubbish either, I only ever wanted an answer to a question.
I'm not here to cop rudeness from others and had my post not been deleted it wouldn't have escalated.

If you can help with an answer to my original questions that would be great thanks.
Can one of the AMD guys please explain what this actually means, both literally and performance wise?
Known Issues
Running Watch Dogs with a R9 280X CrossFire configuration may result in the application running in CrossFire software compositing mode
Also, is there any way to know if you are or not?
I'm running dual 7950's which as I understand it are the same thing as 280X so I'm assuming this also applies to my setup...
cheers

07/29/2014 11:24 AM

Author Icon
Ray@AMD
Forum Moderator

SW Compositing uses the CPU to transfer the frame to be displayed from the Slave GPU to the Master GPU. 

Data is sent from the Slave GPU to system memory, and then from system memory to the frame buffer of the Master GPU to be outputted to its display. 

Hardware Compositing goes straight from Slave GPU Memory to Master GPU Memory with either an external cable (DVO) or through the PCI-E bus (XDMA).

At this point in time there is no user option available to determine if you are running in SW Compositing mode.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

07/29/2014 06:31 PM

Author Icon
CasperPL
Peon

When

We fixed issue black screen 260X driver and when?

Thanks

08/01/2014 12:39 AM

Author Icon
surio
Peon

@stumped,

Could you please update your first post, and add information on

• how to perform "clean uninstalls" with that 3rd party Guru3D software, and,
  • break up the installation procedure explanation into "AMD card, AMD chipsets/processors" and "AMD card, Intel processors", since these actually involve significantly different steps to uninstall correctly.

Thanks.

08/01/2014 03:04 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: surio @stumped,

Could you please update your first post, and add information on

• how to perform "clean uninstalls" with that 3rd party Guru3D software, and,
  • break up the installation procedure explanation into "AMD card, AMD chipsets/processors" and "AMD card, Intel processors", since these actually involve significantly different steps to uninstall correctly.

Thanks.

Yes...it is in the FAQ section.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

08/01/2014 09:13 AM

Author Icon
surio
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped

Yes...it is in the FAQ section.

*snip*

Oh, I know where it is, because I had to look for it

Which is why, I am asking you to link it (or include said information again) in the OP, in the eventuality that things goes pear shaped after the update for people.

EDIT: Also your OP is not clear that there are two types of (un)installation procedure that needs to be made for the two kinds of hardware setup. This needs to be clearly pointed out/communicated in the original post. Its place in the FAQ is not being disputed. Its lack of presence here in the OP is definitely felt.

Your call.   o/

Edited: 08/01/2014 at 09:19 AM by surio
 08/01/2014 02:04 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

To install new AMD graphics drivers:

Normal install:

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Create a system restore point before, just in case.

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).
 Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'

For computers with Intel processors:
Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors:
Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

If you have issues after attempting to install the drivers, then use the 'clean install' method:

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers:

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Create a system restore point before, just in case.

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).
 Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'

For computers with Intel processors:
Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors:
Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot into 'safe mode'
In safe mode run DDU (uninstaller)  http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html
Select AMD graphics

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

NOTE! Certain laptop configurations are not compatible with AMD's Mobility Catalyst™ Driver.
      AMD provides graphics drivers for most laptop brands and models for the Mobility Radeon™ HD series of graphics cards.
      If the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool reports that the hardware is incompatible, then the notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of the graphics drivers for your notebook. (GPU-28041)
      Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic will not accept generic drivers. Get drivers from manufacturers support site.
      Laptops with 'switchable' graphics must use manufacturer supplied drivers.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

AMD Support and Game » Desktop Catalyst Drivers and Software » AMD 14.7 RC

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
88873 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.