Topic Title: Problems booting up my desktop after installing new driver
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/13/2014 09:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/13/2014 09:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Richard00001
Peon

Recently(today), My Windows 7 desktop was having trouble rendering things in games (random thing would get covered in white triangles, objects woud be weirdly extended across the screen) so i decided to go ahead and update the video drivers. I used the AMD autodetect program and downloaded the one it recommended. While the video drivers were installing the computer randomly crashed and i got the blue screen and it automatically rebooted. At first the computer just kept getting stuck at the "windows loading" screen. I opened the f8 menu to try and fix the problem I tried running in safe mode, but it didnt boot up. I looked around on the internet and one person said in a blog post that they fixed the problem by going to "repair my computer" in the f8 menu and booting it up from a date before they installed the drivers and that fixed it for them. When i tried clicking on "repair my computer" it just said "windows loading files" on the bottom then got stuck on the "windows loading screen" again. i then tried the "last known godd configuration option and after that loaded up it asked if i wanted to fully diagnose the disc and i said no. it worked and my computer booted up like normal. On another forum a person mentioned that to fix the driver just install the the drivers again but this time go to custom and remove a certain driver that was causing the problem. I redownloaded the auto detect program and when installing i went to custom and the driver that was mentioned wasnt there. i then decided to just install the drivers again and again my computer crashed. This time, i ran the "last known good configuration" and i let it diagnose the whole disc. Now, whenever i try to boot up the computer normally it will flash the windows loading screen then say "windows is loading files" and then completely reboots. the options in the f8 menu all lead to the same thing happening and now i have no idea what to do. safe mode still doesnt work, and i cant figure what to do to fix it. Can anyon help me with this isssue?

-------------------------
Statistics
88952 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.