Topic Title: AODDriver4.3 and AODDriver 4.2.0 problem
Topic Summary: I have problem with these two . My computer started to crash to Blue screen showing error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .
Created On: 07/14/2014 09:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/14/2014 09:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jakovamd
Peon

I have problem with these two . My computer started to crash to Blue screen showing error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .

I checked Event Viewer and whenever this happens it appears that AODDriver4.3 and AODDriver4.2.0 are not working .

https://imageshack.com/i/n6l4keyj

Can you describe me step by step what should I do to remove these services from my AMD Raden 6900 HD Series graphic cars . I do have AMD chipset ( AMD Phenom II X6) . How to unninstal those drivers and install new ones who will actualy work . (Windows 7 Ultimate)

I use this GPU for like 2 years , never had these problems . Also , none of new softwares or devices are added recently . 
Catalyst version is 14.4

I google-ed a little bit and it seems that this is problem with registry editor , when installing new drivers over old ones etc .

What should I do ?
Thanks in advance to all for help .

-------------------------
Help me please .
 07/15/2014 12:29 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

It's best if you remove it completely and install something newer.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

07/15/2014 02:47 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

One more thing. Are you sure you have IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and not DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL? The first one indicates faulty RAM (or too much OC), the second one can be a driver issue.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

07/23/2014 05:52 PM

Author Icon
jakovamd
Peon

Originally posted by: Eydee One more thing. Are you sure you have IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and not DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL? The first one indicates faulty RAM (or too much OC), the second one can be a driver issue.

You are right . It is 2nd one with "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS..." .

So , I made a clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro . It was a driver problem .

And , since I have old GPU drivers now , I need to update my drivers . On AMD Catalyst driver download site it says (for 14.4 driver update) :

"...

Before installing this driver, please ensure you have uninstalled the previous driver using the Add/Remove programs option in the Control Panel and also deleted the installation folder for the previous driver. This folder can be found at the following locations:

C:/AMD/support/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql
..."

I have AMD chipset ( GPU and CPU ) , I don't want any driver confilts anymore , how do I unistall GPU components only ?

And shouldn't AMD until now have a application inside a Catalyst that would delete old driver and install new ones by itself , so no need to manually unistall old one ?

If anyone know how to , please respond .

Thanks in advance .

Help me please .
Statistics
88921 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.