Topic Title: add new power saving feature instead of Vsync
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/19/2014 04:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/19/2014 04:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
diegaylo
Peon

i know there is already a power saving feature called [vsync], but after it enabled, it cause some games lag, enable [triple buffer] will just increase a bit vsync gaming performance. and not all the games supported with [vsync].

vsync is a fps limit feature and also it is a power saving feature, when playing a game without fps limit feature, all the below games tested on my radeon r7 240

[Age of empires III]'[Rise of legends]'[rise of nations]'[Age of mythology] and [Rome TotalWar].
all games vsync off or no vsync supported

GPU went 100% full load and GPU temperature went over 40C, idle is only 20C, and my graphics card's fan become very annoying. one of my CPU intel core i7 920 core went 100% usage.
while [Rise of nation] is running, my GPU keeping sending over 600 fps to my monitor, at mix my monitor BenQ FP241W can show only 75fps.
actually wasted of power

i have tested a third part [fps_limiter] program, limited the games running in 24 fps, [fps_limiter] works without lag. it also lower my CPU and GPU tempature, power usage, went under 30C

yes [fps_limiter] works great, but it supported only DirectX 8/9 and OpenGL, and programming language is java.
if you guys make a fps limit feature built-in the graphics driver that we can custom the GPU mix output fps, it will be much better.

24 fps is enough for all my programs and games. you may add more numbers like 30, 60 ,120...

this feature should not be limited to games, it should be also for other programs like webbrowser, make it as a setting not force users to use it

Edited: 07/19/2014 at 04:54 AM by diegaylo
Statistics
87494 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.