Topic Title: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 OC sound over HDMI dropping out every so often during games
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/29/2014 11:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/29/2014 11:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jhr1948
Peon

Hi, I've looked around for days and have tried different solutions I've found but nothing has solved my audio cutting out for a few seconds during games.  I have found one workaround only.  If I go optical out (from motherboard) to my Onkyo receiver and let the HDMI to the Onkyo only pass the video.  Using this alternative, I can play for hours and there are no audio issues.  I'm not sure if this is part of the silent stream bug, considering there is constant audio during the game.  Please be gentle as I'm new to PC gaming and higher end video cards.

Graphics Card:
Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 OC. I am overclocking just a bit, but the issue happens either way.  Here's the overclock     1100*1500

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Tried 14.4 & 14.4 rc7 and have the same outcome

Operating System
Windows 8.1 x64

Issue Details
-I've tried on Wolfenstein: New Order and Call of Duty: MW3 and both games have the same audio dropouts.

-The dropouts don't have a pattern and there quick (last a second or so).  I can see the signal disappear on the receiver LCD when the dropout happens.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

Gigabyte ga-z97x-ud3h

Power Supply

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W 80Plus Gold

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

Receiver: Onkyo HT-RC360 (video set to through)

TV: LG 60LM7200

Applications and Games

Call of Duty: MW3

Wolfenstein: New Order

CPU Details
I7 4790k  (4.4 ghz boost)

Motherboard BIOS Version
F7 (latest)

System Memory Type & Amount
Patriot 16gb (2x8gb) 1866 PV316G186C0K

Additional Hardware
PNY 120GB SSD (OS) & HGST 1 TB 2.5" (programs/games)

3 case fans

LG Blu-ray drive

No other PCI cards other than the 270x

Additional Details
I have done a few checks including antivirus and reinstalling a fresh copy of windows 8.1.   Assuming its just a software issue, considering I'm able to pass the auidio using optical and can play with no issues. 

If someone can suggest me to try anything, please do.

Thanks

08/04/2014 09:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jhr1948
Peon

ok, I was going to just leave the probem alone, but its annoying that I can't use just HDMI for video and audio (want multichannel).  I had a bit of a breakthrough.

While in the bios, I set the pci-e slot to 2.0 (instead of auto, which is 3.0 automatically because of the card) and I no longer get audio issues.  My motherboard (Gigabyte ga-z97x-ud3h) is fairly new, but I do have the latest bios and chipset drivers installed.

I'm going to keep it at 2.0 until something is solved whether its a problem with gigabyte, windows 8.1, or catalyst.

Statistics
88757 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.