Topic Title: Wits end with audio problem: HD-6570
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/02/2014 10:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/02/2014 10:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
searcher64
Peon

I have an XFX R6570 Core Edition graphics card that I was using successfully for a year or so.  Had to upgrade from vista to Windows 7 (64 bit, ultimate, SP 1).  For two days, I have been trying to get the audio to work.  Video works, but the audio device manager shows "AMD HDMI Output, AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in."

When I go to an application (XBMC) it doesn't give me the choice to select that as the audio device.

Have reinstalled catalyst and drivers multiple times.  Properties on the device show its working (just "not plugged in"), and the driver is 7.12.0.7719

It is obviously not that the card isn't seated, because it was just working a day or two ago in vista, and when I reinstall catalyst, it detects the card and installs the audio device driver (in the custom install menu)

I have the same hardware configuration I had before I upgraded windows.  HDMI out to a Yamaha receiver, to a sharp tv.  In the computer (emachine with AMD Athalon 64 dual core processor) i have this card, and an M-Audio Audiophile 192 card.

Thoughts?  I have researched this extensively and can't find answers.

08/03/2014 07:44 AM

Author Icon
steenss
Peon

If you have a Realtek HD audio codec & are using HDMI to a receiver for audio processing, try removing the M-Audio card. Install the latest Realtek HD drivers & from the Realtek control panel you will be able to select HDMI out as your primary output. I assume you've downloaded the latest Cat 14.4 for Win7? Also try Cat 13.12. It works better for some. Oh & check your cable is plugged in... There is a trick sometimes to getting a HDMI cable to a receiver recognised, but usually for video. Check AVS.

08/03/2014 04:08 PM

Author Icon
searcher64
Peon

I removed the M-Audio card, and installed the Realtek HD drivers.  To no avail.  Now the audio device manger shows no devices plugged in.  It shows the AMD HD audio device, "not plugged in," and just an HD audio device "not plugged in."  (I assume the second one is the basic on-board device).  Before it also showed the M-Audio, which worked.  So that one is gone.  But neither the AMD nor the basic on-board is shown to be "plugged in," though they are both shown to be working.

Then I tried uninstalling Cat and reinstalling cat 13.12.  No change.

I'm wondering now whether I have to pull out the AMD graphics card, and start over, first loading something to trigger the basic sound device on the motherboard, then re-plug the AMD and reload Catalyst.  Is there any reason why that should make a difference?

08/03/2014 08:39 PM

Author Icon
searcher64
Peon

I removed the M-Audio card, and the AMD Graphics card.  I uninstalled the respective drivers, then rebooted, and reinstalled the newest Realtek driver. 

On board audio driver workds fine, can send audio to the computer speakers or headphones.  I reinstalled the AMD graphics card, and reinstalled catalyst and the drivers.  (14.4, then 13.12) Still shows AMD High definition audio device as working, but "not plugged in."  (Video is sent to teh receiver over HDMI though.  Can only set the Realtek device as default, can't do anything with the AMD.

Reinserted the M-Audio audio card, and installed those drivers.  Now I can work with either the Realtek, or the M-Audio.  AMD graphics card still sends video out over the HDMI, but audio only goes over the other audio devices, and won't go out over the graphics card (so I can't get 5.1).  I don't see anything in the Realtek control panel that allows me to select HDMI as the primary output.

Statistics
85287 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.