Topic Title: BSOD on startup using AMD drivers
Topic Summary: Getting BSOD's at startup when using amd drivers, works fine without.
Created On: 08/16/2014 05:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/16/2014 05:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Blaxxun
Peon

Graphics Card
Dual:  XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB DD GDDR5 PCI-E

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
No driver currently used, tried with 14.7, 14.4 and 13.everything >.>

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional x64

Issue Details

So yesterday i got the new computer i ordered off the internet. I am not too good with com puters, so i got one already built in the case, "ready for use", as branded. Worked fine the first evening. Installed skype, and went into a game of League of Legends, and got stable 200fps at ultra graphics. Loved it, and had no issues.

However, when i turned it on again this morning, i first noticed the black lines on the welcome page, as if the screen had been punched, creating cracks. Quickly switched monitors to check if that was indeed the issue, but the "cracks" appeared on the old monitor as well. Typed in my password, and got to desktop. About 3 seconds later, it froze to black, and went to BSOD. This was repeated every time i tried to log in in standard mode. the BSOD error lines seemed pretty random too, many different random letters.sys, but most times it simply results in a "STOPxblahblahblahrandomstuff",

Proceeded to try out safemode, and it worked, as expected. I suspected the AMD drivers to be the culpit, so i uninstalled the AMD catalyst centre, and all associated files and components. this got rid of the issue. Then installed the latest version, 14.4, suspecting it was outdated. Immediately after the install and prompted reboot, i got the same issue. i retried this with the beta 14.7, and all 13.something versions. Same issue. i even did a full reinstall of windows, twice. Same issue immediately when installing drivers for AMD of any kind.  I have no idea what this might be, and if you guys can't help me now over the weekend, i will most likely go to the retailer for help first thing on monday, when they open customer support.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, Socket-AM3+

Power Supply

Corsair RM850, 850W

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
BenQ XL2411Z with HDMI connection

Applications and Games

Umm, everything, even at desktop >.>

CPU Details
AMD FX(tm)-9590 eight cores

Motherboard BIOS Version
ASUS BIOS 2104

System Memory Type & Amount
Dual:    Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 1600MHz 16GB

Additional Hardware
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 480GB
3 case fans, with liquid cooling.

Additional Details
Did 3 full scans using avast anti-virus software, no results. Tried with and without using the windows updates, none of them any different.

Edited: 08/16/2014 at 05:17 PM by Blaxxun
Statistics
87570 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.