Topic Title: After old Graphiccard makes BSOD new graphiccard makes the same BSOD
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/22/2014 06:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/22/2014 06:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD_BSOD
Peon

I have the problem that the atikmdag.sys causes a BSOD.

Because of this i send my old graphiccard back and bought a new one for the time i dont have one....

i have at the moment a r5 230 and it makes the same BSOD when im watching over the web streams.

What is here the problem.... is AMD graphiccard defect too or is this a driver problem at all ? AMD said to me the graphiccard has a defect .. and this one too now ?

I have enough of AMD .. my first 2 AMD graphiccards are causing BSODs like hell on a clean system. But only when im watching movies....

08/23/2014 08:22 PM

Author Icon
Thanny
Alpha Geek

You have a garbage power supply.  That hardly qualifies your system as "clean".

08/24/2014 02:28 PM

Author Icon
AMD_BSOD
Peon

Originally posted by: Thanny You have a garbage power supply.  That hardly qualifies your system as "clean".

My system is clean and everything up to date.
My power supply has much much power. Too much.

I think its a main problem of the driver of AMD. Everything leads me to say this.

And this BSODs only appears when watching stream over the web.

It is on the r9 280x (at the moment it was sent back to the manufactory and goes into a refund) and now with my new r5 230.

I think its a well-known driver problem or not ? AMD said to me its a hardware defect and i should bring it back ... but everything says to me its a driver problem.

08/25/2014 10:56 AM

Author Icon
Qwixt
Grinding Levels

Are you using chrome browser when this happens? If so, turn off hardware acceleration in chrome, and update to the latest version of chrome, and that should solve things.

Statistics
85363 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.