Topic Title: AMD drivers are crap, will this ever change ?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/29/2014 02:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/29/2014 02:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD_BSOD
Grinding Levels

I remember my first PC (ive almost forgot it, but i remember), there i lived with a flickering every 2 seconds when im playing games.

Ive played games like Need For Speed.

And than i had only NVidia Graphiccards and was happy.

Now im back to AMD and BSODs.

When is this creepy driver thing comes to an end ?

The solution cant be "Buy a nvidia" .... They force us to do it.

08/29/2014 10:15 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

If you're so much more happy with nVidia, then go back to nVidia.

-------------------------
AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 08/29/2014 03:59 PM

Author Icon
WhiteIntel
Peon

You are absolutely right!
The driver package of AMD is CRAP!
AND:
YES VERY HELPFUL "If you're so much more happy with nVidia, then go back to nVidia."

08/29/2014 05:49 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

I've used AMD and Nvidia cards forever now. Both starting from the 8800GT to the radeon 7000.

The drivers of each company are fine. Its never been a problem I haven't been able to resolve.

Nvidia release's drivers that literally fry there own cards. At least I haven't had that issue with Nvidia. 

Nvidia is everything wrong in the gaming industry. They try to force developers to use there proprietary bull. 

AMD is everything right. Everything they do is open source and freely allow anyone who wants to take advantage of it. To take advantage of it. 

If you have a problem work on fixing it. Don't whine and complain about it. This is a forum for help. Not for someone to just moan and complain. If you want help follow the posting guidelines , And make a post. 

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: x2 XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

08/29/2014 07:34 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: Vantharas Nvidia is everything wrong in the gaming industry.

Nope, it's Microsoft...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

08/29/2014 10:57 PM

Author Icon
AMD_BSOD
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: black_zion If you're so much more happy with nVidia, then go back to nVidia.

I will ^^ ... i have to wait until i get my graphiccard back. Than i have to send it back. Than i have to wait until it is back ... than i have to send it back and than i get my money back ...

easy or ? I dont know how it works in your country but to get a refund of a graphiccard that is more than 2 weeks old and less than 6 months, you have to send it 3 times back with the same failure.

And this is easy with AMD, because it will make the BSOD very often, dont matter in which system you plug it in ^^.

So i wait here ...it costs maybe 4 month from now on... i have the first send it back iteration ...so it takes time.

But Nvidia im comming back to you. Iam missing a working gpu solution, and AMD is not a working gpu soltution.

Originally posted by: Vantharas I've used AMD and Nvidia cards forever now. Both starting from the 8800GT to the radeon 7000.

The drivers of each company are fine. Its never been a problem I haven't been able to resolve.

Nvidia release's drivers that literally fry there own cards. At least I haven't had that issue with Nvidia. 

Nvidia is everything wrong in the gaming industry. They try to force developers to use there proprietary bull. 

AMD is everything right. Everything they do is open source and freely allow anyone who wants to take advantage of it. To take advantage of it. 

If you have a problem work on fixing it. Don't whine and complain about it. This is a forum for help. Not for someone to just moan and complain. If you want help follow the posting guidelines , And make a post. 

Yeah i know what you mean. To the "If you have a problem work on fixing it." thing i can only say, its not in my power to fix it .....

This is a well known problem with AMD. And there is NO fix. No fix i can make.

But yes i think Nvidia is a *****company and i love AMD .... but this doesnt mean i love their hardware. Their graphics solutions are crap. And this is so sad, because NVidia has excelent graphics solutions, but the company politics are crap.

08/30/2014 01:01 PM

Author Icon
SHSPVR
Nerfed

Originally posted by: AMD_BSOD
Originally posted by: black_zion If you're so much more happy with nVidia, then go back to nVidia.

I will ^^ ... i have to wait until i get my graphiccard back. Than i have to send it back. Than i have to wait until it is back ... than i have to send it back and than i get my money back ...

easy or ? I dont know how it works in your country but to get a refund of a graphiccard that is more than 2 weeks old and less than 6 months, you have to send it 3 times back with the same failure.

And this is easy with AMD, because it will make the BSOD very often, dont matter in which system you plug it in ^^.

So i wait here ...it costs maybe 4 month from now on... i have the first send it back iteration ...so it takes time.

But Nvidia im comming back to you. Iam missing a working gpu solution, and AMD is not a working gpu soltution.

Originally posted by: Vantharas I've used AMD and Nvidia cards forever now. Both starting from the 8800GT to the radeon 7000.

Yeah i know what you mean. To the "If you have a problem work on fixing it." thing i can only say, its not in my power to fix it .....

This is a well known problem with AMD. And there is NO fix. No fix i can make.

But yes i think Nvidia is a *****company and i love AMD .... but this doesnt mean i love their hardware. Their graphics solutions are crap. And this is so sad, because NVidia has excelent graphics solutions, but the company politics are crap.

Did you ever stop to think that the problem your have is with that Need for Speed is which ??? is EA own doing you may have to del graphics config for file for that game becuases EA was to lazy in add in graphics change re-set tool or any kind of auto detect of the video card.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P - AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition (OC 3.2Gz) - Crucial Ballistix 4GB (PC2-8500 1066Mhz) - Diamond ATI Radeon HD5850 - Corsair CMPSU-650TX - Seagate Barracuda 500GB.
 08/30/2014 04:34 PM

Author Icon
KiwiME
Peon

Yah!  14.8 is the first Catalyst driver to make Windows 7 Media Center work correctly for me on TV Live View.

For a year now I've had to restart the live view a second time as it would close after a few seconds.  Therefore I could not use the built-up computer as the home theatre PC that I had planned for.

Often too, it would freeze randomly after some time and the timeshift bar would slide rapidly to the left.  Hope that's fixed too, so far so good.

Thanks AMD!

08/31/2014 03:10 PM

Author Icon
agent911
Peon

Nobody forcing anyone to buy or use particular cards. Both amd and nvidia have problems in different scenarios. But if overall, amd best for gaming, nvidia best for video/photo editing ,better stability and reliability. No need to mix tea with coffee,drink what you like most

Poker Style - Tight Aggressive

09/03/2014 01:55 PM

Author Icon
AMD_BSOD
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: agent911 Nobody forcing anyone to buy or use particular cards. Both amd and nvidia have problems in different scenarios. But if overall, amd best for gaming, nvidia best for video/photo editing ,better stability and reliability. No need to mix tea with coffee,drink what you like most

Maybe you have right. But when you buy a graphiccard you dont think that you get BSODs non-stop in any scenario.

I had/have many NVidia graphiccards and BSODs and graphiccards are something new to me. Thank to AMD, i guess.

But anyway. The drivers are not stable. The whole thing is very new to me because like i said. Never had problems with Nvidia ... so i need here much background knowledge ... never thought about that i need to know about all the stuff.

But is all a well known problem. So its nothing new. I was so dump to believe here the guys who said to me that there are no problems with AMD. Not more than with Nvidia.

I asked here and than i bought the graphiccard. Only to be sure its not like my first AMD i had. It was a mess with the drivers.

But nothing has changed .... same thing here.

09/06/2014 01:22 PM

Author Icon
NoelCarboni
Peon

There are those of us who use AMD cards for real work, not just gaming, and find them perfectly reliable.

-Noel

09/06/2014 10:34 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

It's just so funny how many people come on here whining about problems they have with AMD and threatening to go to nVidia, when they obviously haven't even looked at the nVidia support forums.

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/07/2014 12:17 AM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

BSOD + AMD = user error!

User of AMD since 2002= No BSOD,errors or issues that where easy to fix,because I caused them.

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

09/07/2014 04:51 AM

Author Icon
b2rdark
Peon

Originally posted by: Earnhardt BSOD + AMD = user error!

teach me master, please

09/07/2014 05:45 AM

Author Icon
Tristis Oris
Peon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g

i hope he right.

[Radeon 9850] [HD4850] [HD6950] [R9 290]

Statistics
88857 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.