Which would you rather have: 4 games you can buy months later after they have been patched and work correctly, or $75 in your pocket? No muss, no fuss, no "This doesn't work" or "I didn't get my code", just a lower price. Games scream "WHAT A VALUE! DON'T BUY A GeForce, BUY ME INSTEAD AND GET $130 WORTH OF SOFTWARE FOR FREE!", cash screams "Look at my value for money, equal in performance to my GeForce Rival, but I cost 20% less." AMD pays a fee to get these licenses, most likely about $20 per license with a bulk discount, so AMD wouldn't spend any more money than they already do and could end up spending less, and it also has the additional benefit of appealing to everyone, even those who wouldn't play the offered games, as well as to people (such as parents) who buy these things for their kids as gifts.
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
I'd probably sooner see the lower price. I always take the "wait until the bugs are ironed out" approach and typically won't pay more than $29 for a game anyway.
So, yeah, I'll take the lower price.
W7 Ultimate x64: Corsair 800D, AX1200
Asus P8Z77 WS
i7 3770K @ 4.8Ghz
32GB RipJaws @ 1600
3x XFX BE 7970 Tri-Fire @ 1200/1600
OCZ V3 120GB + 240GB, SG 3TB 7K
Creative X-Fi Titanium
Dell U3011 + WFP2407
Koolance 370 & EK GPU Water Blocks