Topic Title: YCbCr 4:2:2 and directx 11 /11.1 in need of assistance.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/24/2013 10:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/24/2013 10:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mebaby2
Peon

Hey there new to the forum and im opening up with something that has been frustrating myself and some folk i know to no end.

I'm sure you have noticed the YCbCr 4:2:2 option in CCC.

Well i myself am currenty using a LG plasma HDTV for gaming etc, and it has a feature that automaticly turns on when i select YCbCr 4:2:2 and its called xvYCC. [cannot turn this on or off physicly]

Wich makes everything jawdropping beautiful, but there is ofcourse a catch.

Whenever i boot up a directx11 game the colors are going postal, turning on Vsync makes the colors settle but its off [like white looks yellowish etc]

However directx9 games look insanely amazing.

So i was wondering if it is possible to have directx11 games not completely freak out? [with 4:2:2 ofcourse]

I have scoured the internetz for some time now and you only end up on webpages comparing 4:4:4 to 4:2:2.

Some tech details.

Windows 8.1 Pro os

8gb 1600mhz Ram

HD 7990 6gb ddr5 gpu

3770 i7 cpu

Any help would be greatly apreciated, as it simply saddens me having to turn off something so pretty just to have directx11, and with some games comming next year that im looking forward to i would love to play them to my riggs full capabilitys.

Statistics
84851 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.