Increase font size
Topic Title: G-Sync?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/19/2013 08:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/19/2013 08:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Invikast
Peon

Ummmm Hardware like G-Sync is the way to go with in terms of achieving buttery-smoothness in games. I mean in improves on v-sync a lot; no tearing, no stuttering just plain awesome...but as far as i am concern it is beyond the reach of most of the people out there, realisticaly speaking how many poeple can afford to buy a brand new monitor (+plus a new graphic card - gtx 650ti boost minimum!!!) it is great but the cost is quite high not to mention those who had just bought a new monitor i woud like to suggest something bear with me please, how about AMD release a new driver with a version of G-Sync in software level like instead sending a complete frame to the monitor to draw, split those complete frames by 100 or something and depends on how many fps is currently outputted by the graphic card and the monitor's refresh rate, delay or fast forward the individual strips of frame to match the monitor's refresh rate effectively removes stuttering and screen tearing and thus saves most people their money AMD thinks for and care the people right? thank you for reading

12/21/2013 02:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

It's impossible to do in software only.  There has to be some hardware involved in order to make it work.

It makes sense not to be stuck at a fixed refresh interval, but I've never really understand why using vsync is such a problem for some people.  Not being a game developer myself I wonder if a fixed refresh interval is really such a big problem considering it took this long to develop an alternate way of doing things.

Either way... for a lot of gamers finding reasons to spend money on new gaming hardware has never really been that difficult.  I don't expect it to be here either. 

-------------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Edited: 12/21/2013 at 02:31 AM by Mime
Statistics
87635 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.