Topic Title: ATI Mobility Radeontm HD 5870 tribute
Topic Summary: happy 4th birthday
Created On: 01/07/2014 04:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2014 04:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vlid0o
Peon

I just wanted to express my feelings for this GPU I have owned for 4 years now.

My dear ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5870, 

the incessant blowing of the sands of time mercilessly tried to paint another layer of dust on our otherwise ever-so-thriving relationship (I know, that sounds horrible). You are 4 years now and I feel that this is a special moment for both of us. You may not be the best you once were, but I want you to know, that you always will be the best for me! 

It all started in the early autumn in 2010 , I was third year in my not-so-demanding course and I still remember the warm autumn nights in my college dorm, when I was rubbing my sweaty hands in front of the glowing monitor, waiting for the matchmaking system to connect me with the next Terran noob who would be pwnd… oh, those were glorious days…

Even in the times of challenge, as playing the Witcher 2 on high/ultra settings, you proved your faithfulness and commitment, and never gave me a reason to part with you. Of course, there were days when I, blinded by visual lust, would make you feel overused so you would turn your back on me and completely shut down, but time heals all and so we’ve learned to accept each other the way we are.

But I have been a good partner too, have I not? Have I ever taken advantage of you ? Have I recklessly overclocked you when I know that your brother, the cooler, is such an unreliable ***** ? No, I haven’t. I have been tender and loving, and I have cleaned you on annual basis. Even more, I believe that our relationship has made me much more mature. I do not lament for the visually stunning graphics anymore. I learned to relish the moments of having a good FPS rate, while playing decent RPGs (like Skyrim) and look at you smiling, rather than torture you with my insatiable graphical urges…

Together we experienced unforgettable moments and alas, we cannot go back in time like Desmond Miles, but surely, we can optimistically embrace the future with eyes wide open and drivers up to date. 

People say love is hot. I say love is less than 100 Celsius. 

Happy 4th birthday !

Statistics
84158 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.