Topic Title: Building a computer around an A10-5800K
Topic Summary: Need performance numbers of the following...
Created On: 10/22/2012 11:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2012 11:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CobaltPulse
n00b

Here's the specs of the build:

• MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Micro ATX Motherboard
  • AMD A10-5800K
  • Mushkin Enhanced Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
(None of the rest of the specs are required for you).
This would be a temporary computer until I can get a job to build a higher performance PC. I would mainly play games like Dirt 3, GRID, Minecraft, Battlefield, Call of Duty and games like that. (Mainly Minecraft though) I haven't seen very many numbers on Minecraft. I would want to be recording highest quality with Fraps and mostly high settings with Minecraft (probably be using Optifine to smooth out any lag spikes).
If anyone has any clue on the performance numbers using stock speeds and boost speeds I'd love to know! A little while after I build this I'd be adding a descrete graphics card in crossfirex to get a bit more performance. I'm looking for performance numbers before the upgrade. Thank you!

10/23/2012 04:53 PM

Author Icon
Slayerx
Button Masher

Hope this is what your looking for http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-trinity-efficiency,3315-4.html

-------------------------

FX 8320// Asus Sabertooth R2.0 // HIS R9 280x //8Gb of 1866Mhz ram, H50 cooling, HX850W psu all stuffed into a NZXT Phantom case.

Was a member of AMD Processer forum since 2008. Last post count 1818.

12/09/2012 08:01 PM

Author Icon
mdank4493
Peon

If I might recommend getting RAM with a speed of 2133. I have an A10 for the same purpose as you do, and it just feeds on fast RAM like no tomorrow. The faster the better, because the IGP uses system RAM for V-RAM. If you can overclock the Northbridge to handle the speed then you're even better off. I feel like a lot of review sites don't overclock everything inside the system and therefore creates a huge bottleneck. 

AMD APU's feed on RAM speed like chuck norris feeds on steak. 

12/10/2012 12:00 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

I haven't heard that about the APUs, but it makes sense when you think about it.

... and +1 for the chuck norris reference... 

Minecraft isn't the most graphically demanding game around, so performance-wise... anything that should be able to handle Battlefield and Call of Duty shouldn't give you any trouble in Minecraft.

I'd advise against the hybrid crossfire with the APU and a discrete card.  It sounds like a good idea on paper, but judging from the number of threads about it here... it often doesn't work out well in practice.  Your board has only one x16 slot, but unless you've got multiple large monitors, a single high end video card should be able to handle just about anything you can throw at it anyway.

-------------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Edited: 12/10/2012 at 12:14 PM by Mime
 12/20/2012 07:12 AM

Author Icon
Azzitude
Peon

go with the a75 chipset, not the 55

Statistics
84274 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.