Topic Title: Me too, AMD Overdrive does not detect my CPU as being an AMD
Topic Summary: Overdrive Used to work great, after system crash, will not recognize cpu as AMD
Created On: 12/17/2012 10:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/17/2012 10:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Drew12ax7a
Peon

Overdrive used to work great.  Had a system crash (caused by XP program), rebuilt the system from zero (Windows 7-64), and now Overdrive will not run.

AMD Phenom II 965 3.4GHz Quad-Core BE CPU OEM.

12/17/2012 01:35 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

What error does it give?  Pop up message? Have you checked the application event logs for corresponding errors?  Googled any of them to see if there is anything on the interweb's about it?

A bit more information may be needed to help you with your issue. Please read the thread below and revise your post to include the requested information in detail.  Doing so will help us help you more efficiently.

Thanks in advance...

**STICKY** | PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Please use the template, and fill out as much information about your issue as possible.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

12/18/2012 08:28 AM

Author Icon
Drew12ax7a
Peon

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate it very much.  I spent 4 hours working with Windows Explorer, Auslogics BoostSpeed, and FileAssassin.  I removed drivers and related software that were obviosly not part of the system - and removed some that were just plain suspicious (and ugly).  After performing this task, AMD Overdrive loaded and worked great!  I wish I could tell you which driver/software was the problem.  Anyway, at my age, I'd rather be lucky than good!

Statistics
80915 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.