Topic Title: i need your help for oc my amd athlon x4 750k
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/08/2014 11:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2014 11:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cncc
Peon

hi this is my previous topic(big thanks for who reply there)

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=456&threadid=170213

well i searched a lot about oc with my motherboard i still didn't find answer about manual oc

by the way i bought seidon 120xl

i want manual overclock . what is the highest i can go ? also how long should i play games with oc ?

edit:-

well im sorry if i wasn't clear what i say

i already oc from bios and got 4.1ghz ,it was a mode from motherboard

i want oc manual i want to reach 4.5 or higher if i can

Edited: 01/08/2014 at 12:06 PM by cncc
 01/08/2014 12:52 PM

Author Icon
zipsi
Elite

Dont think you can go higher than 4.5 without damaging IHS. CPU voltage will need to be raised (possibly NB voltage as well) and then before attempting any gaming you should run a rather long Prime95 test (assuming the system boots) while monitoring temps at the same time (they should never go over 75C on this cpu at full load). I would overclock in 100mhz increments, increase frequency by 100mhz, tweak voltages etc. until its stable, temps good, then push it more.               ..and if the cpu fails (it sometimes happens), then you can only blame yourself for taking the risk.

-------------------------
Intel I7 3770K @ 4.5ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition, 4x4gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2133mhz, Seasonic Platinum 860, Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, WD Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB+1.5TB, ASUS Xonar Essence ST, ASUS VE278Q, Windows 3.11
 01/10/2014 08:18 AM

Author Icon
cncc
Peon

Originally posted by: zipsi Dont think you can go higher than 4.5 without damaging IHS. CPU voltage will need to be raised (possibly NB voltage as well) and then before attempting any gaming you should run a rather long Prime95 test (assuming the system boots) while monitoring temps at the same time (they should never go over 75C on this cpu at full load). I would overclock in 100mhz increments, increase frequency by 100mhz, tweak voltages etc. until its stable, temps good, then push it more.               ..and if the cpu fails (it sometimes happens), then you can only blame yourself for taking the risk.

\

well to tell you the truth i don't know what is prime 95 for!!!, i did a lot of research it's test about cpu stress i just used for 15 min with small fft choice after that i see the temparature increasing with cpuid HM program, after 15minutes the minmum temparature was 47c and the highest was 82c and the value 70c goes up and down this test used with oc to 4.1ghz by bios overclock mode

ok after all this seriouly  i don't know what im going to do..... because my goal i want overclock manual which is sad most of the search i made google there is no guide for my cpu and motherboard how to overclock manual :/

waiting for reply

Statistics
88813 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.