Topic Title: AMD Overdrive problem
Topic Summary: AOD won't save all my settings
Created On: 02/03/2014 07:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/03/2014 07:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
snardvark
Peon

I set up the system the way I want it and save the configuration. But when I restart my PC AOD loads all my setting except GPU Mhz. I have to manualy load the saved settings or manually reset my GPU Mhz every time.

System: Gigabyte GA-F2-A88XM-D3H, AMD A8-5600k(Trinity), Gskill Ripjaws 2Gx4 1333/10666 9.9.9.24, Thermaltake 550W PS, Thermaltake 3heatpipe CPU cooler w/fan, AMT Bios UEFI vF5, Graphics are onboard Radion HD7560, Win 7 Ultimate x64.

-------------------------
Snard

Edited: 02/05/2014 at 10:44 PM by snardvark
 05/20/2014 12:36 PM

Author Icon
santaranger
Peon

I have a similar problem that drives me nuts.

I increase the Turbo Core settings for my FX-8320 to some higher levels. I save the settings as default, but after a restart they're reset to normal.

If I check "apply my last settings when system boots", Turbo Core is always completely disabled on the next boot.

If I start AOD manually and load DefaultConfig.xml, everything is fine.

Increasing the CPU multiplier seems to stick, but that needs to disable Turbo Core for it to work properly, and I need that for my single-threaded stuff.

It's just silly.

07/09/2014 01:51 AM

Author Icon
dancer42
Peon

yes this was done so that if you overclocked to setting that lock the mobo

you are not in an unrecoverable place that you can not reset without reloading the system.

overdrive is about finding the settings that work so that you can then go into the bios and set it up correctly without having to reset the bios repetedly.

personaly i like booting to narmal mode checking my throtteling software and anything else i might need for overclocking is infact working and set correctly then using overdrive to boost.

if you are overclocking without monitoring temp.s depending on the mobo thermal override you will be buying new parts at some point.

Statistics
85330 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.