Topic Title: Problems with oc'ing my FX4300
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/07/2014 03:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/07/2014 03:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Proksz
Peon

Hey guys

I've been out of desktop hardware for way too long and could really use some help.

I recently bought an AMD FX-4300 along with an Asus M5A97 R2.0 mobo and 12 gig of ddr3 ram (1600Mhz).

As the FX-4300 has the option to turbo it from 3.8 to 4 ghz I wanted to try this, but everytime I enable my cpu to perform better it seems like my ram is getting downgraded.

Everytime I reboot with a boosted cpu my bios says I only have 12 gig of 1151 mhz ram (or sometimes 1333 mhz). What could cause this problem?

07/09/2014 12:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dancer42
Peon

i've looked at your motherboard spec and it looks very semilar to my old sabertooth so i will give this a try.

whithout knowing a lot more about the bios settings it will be vary hard to tell you exactly what is going on but it sounds like the atomatic terbo setting are not all compatable with the defalt memory settings;

so you may have to go in to the bios tweek the settings to find a set of values that the terbo can be set for that will work or you can download amd overdrive from the amd sight and do much the same thing in windows,

bare in mind that all overclocking causes more heat and unless you bought your prossessor with the water cooler option that some of them come with the stock cooler is not ment for even casual overclocking.

if you want to overclock even just to use the terbo setting you should be running software like that from afterburner that allows you to monitor and throtal both the cpu and the gpu having said that getting the most out of your rigg can be a lot of fun be carefull and read every thing you can.

Statistics
85451 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.