Topic Title: Minor Issues with Afterburner/RivaTuner - R9 290Xs
Topic Summary: Minor Issues with Crossfire - R9 290Xs
Created On: 06/10/2014 11:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/17/2014 10:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: HoneyBadger84 So this was moved to Overclocking when the issue has nothing to do with overclocking... brilliant moderation.

"" How would I go about getting the thread moved? ""

I can see your going to be a lot of fun.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

06/18/2014 05:00 AM

Author Icon
HoneyBadger84
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: stumped
Originally posted by: HoneyBadger84 So this was moved to Overclocking when the issue has nothing to do with overclocking... brilliant moderation.

"" How would I go about getting the thread moved? ""

I can see your going to be a lot of fun.

Stating the fact that the thread clearly, if read, at all, has nothing to do with overclocking but is an application problem, yet it was moved to a forum which it has nothing to do with, instead of where it should've been moved, is a problem?  I happen to moderate a forum myself & have for years, it's not that hard to do the job correct.  That's really neither here nor there as to my question I asked previously, but whatever.  I've figured out how to "avoid" this issue from surfacing, hopefully the maker of Afterburner is aware of it & will fix it in newer patches as it seems less prevalent but still around in 3.0.1

CPU: i7 3930k @ 4.6GHz 1.29V (Corsair H110-cooled) ~ Motherboard: Asus RoG Rampage IV Extreme 
RAM: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series (4x4GB 2133MHz, CL9) ~ PSU: Corsair AX 1200W ~ Case: Enermax Fulmo GT
GPUs: 3x HIS R9 290X Reference (Core) Editions in TriFire, Max Load Temps: 71C/70C/71C during OC testing :-P

07/09/2014 01:38 AM

Author Icon
dancer42
Peon

my first question is do you use any sotware that actually say's on the box that crossfire must be installed?

if the answer is no then installing the overthe top jumper and inableing crossfire may not be needed.

some motherboard do not have crossfire wiring and some do the wiring badly

that is why the cards come with an over the top jumper.

your card does not need the jumper for up to 4 gpu's

i was unable to determan how many gpu's are on this card .

many high end games can use both card's wether ciossfire is inabled or not so if you are having probles with it doen't use it  if you don't need it.

07/09/2014 01:35 PM

Author Icon
HoneyBadger84
Grinding Levels

Uuuuh... this thread is really old, and it was determined that this was an Afterburner-based issue despite dillweed there having the thread moved to the wrong section.

There is no "jumper" or whatever you speak of an the Asus RoG Rampage IV Extreme, it was designed to natively support 4-Way Crossfire & 4-Way SLi.  R9 290Xs do not need any sort of bridge or other "help" running crossfire, they just do it once the drivers are installed with more than one card present.

I'm aware you can disable the cards you don't need if a program doesn't scale well with Crossfire/TriFire/QuadFire, that wasn't the issue, nor were the drivers.

CPU: i7 3930k @ 4.6GHz 1.29V (Corsair H110-cooled) ~ Motherboard: Asus RoG Rampage IV Extreme 
RAM: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series (4x4GB 2133MHz, CL9) ~ PSU: Corsair AX 1200W ~ Case: Enermax Fulmo GT
GPUs: 3x HIS R9 290X Reference (Core) Editions in TriFire, Max Load Temps: 71C/70C/71C during OC testing :-P

Statistics
84170 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.