Topic Title: Loadlibrary error 126
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/24/2010 03:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/24/2010 03:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
equi
n00b

Hi

I'm getting this error "Loadlibrary failed with error 126: the specified module could not be found" when I launch Counter-strike 1.6 or half-life with any 10.x driver. I'm currently using 9.10 since this is the only driver I can get working with 120hz on my monitor.

Hope someone can help with this problem. I did report this trough the report bugs form or whatever is was called link when I tried 10.1, wich i can't seem to find anymore? I even had to google for this forum since the link from the driverdownload/community link was also gone..

System: Win7-64, GFX 5850, CPU i7-920

Regards Dennis

06/24/2010 10:27 AM

Author Icon
spyre2

Because the game cant find the OpenGL driver, use the forum search.

06/24/2010 12:53 PM

Author Icon
equi
n00b

Originally posted by: spyre2 Because the game cant find the OpenGL driver, use the forum search.

I have already tried expanding atioglxx.dll from 9.10, 10.1, 10.5 and copying it into game folder and gldrv folder, but I'm still getting same error.

or where you referring to something else?

06/28/2010 03:21 PM

Author Icon
Pero85

Try re-installing the game, that might help.

08/02/2010 03:17 PM

Author Icon
KaZAamM
n00b

It amazes me that you believe the Game is somehow malfunctioning, when its directly related to the OpenGL drivers itself.

I have the same problem with all of my OpenGL games. Prey, Doom3, Defcon, multiwinia, Uplink, The Chronicles of Riddick and so on...

Even programs that need OpenGL are usless with the current Video Drivers. Photoshop and TrackIR (which I use for GTR Evolution).

I have the 4890HD and I upgraded from XP to 7. (I had to install Vista)

Since the upgrade to Windows7, all OpenGL programs have ceased functioning with the newer drivers.

At this momement, ATI and Microsoft are not doing anything to resolve this issue with some kind of update of some sort.

So far, the only resolution is unacceptable. Go to OLD, OLD drivers. I currently have installed the up-to-date version of 10-7 and OpenGL does not work. I tried 9-12 and applications just crash without any explanation. But when I load 9-10 OpenGL works, well, to a certain degree.

With 9-10, the framerate on any OpenGL game is utterly disasterous. Getting 5fps in games like Defcon, is not good.

Is it an anomoly with Windows7, or ATI drivers? To me, it sounds as if Windows7 utilizes the .dll files differently, so the answer to this "still unresolved" question lies upon the ATI drivers configured for Windows7.

-------------------------
Whatever happened to OpenGL support?
 04/28/2011 10:42 PM

Author Icon
joe238
n00b

I had updated to Catalyst 11.3 and it still didnt' work, but after applying the workaround it started working. I hope that this will be fixed in later versions of catalyst instead of us having to do hacks all the time. The link of the original article is at the bottom of the message, but I copied the main part of the article here.

***FIND*** [Start] -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

1. Right click that and select Run as Administrator.

2. If don't see C:/Windows/System32 on the screen next to your cursor, type the command: cd /d C:/Windows/System32
(If windows isn't on C:, replace C: with the drive windows is installed on)

3. Type the command: COPY atioglxx.dll .dll

And that should do it.

You'll have to do this EVERY TIME YOU UPDATE THE DRIVER until the issue is fixed.

Now, IF THIS FAILS, you may need to take control of the Windows/System32 folder. That's a pretty crazy process, so I won't post that unless someone needs it. {meaning if you need to know how, ask}

Now for the story:

After digging around in what the process was loading, I confirmed it was the same rare error people are having with other OGL games using Catalyst 10.xx

Apparently some dll out there is trying to load ".dll" instead of "atioglxx.dll". You'll see this if you run some form of a process analyzer and look at the dlls COH is loading up. You'll see it fails at finding ".dll"

I tried backing up to 10.4 and still had the same problem. Apparently, once you get it, even using driver sweeper refuses to remove the problem. It's probably some DLL is not being updated by the driver updates (if it exists already) and doesn't get noticed by driver sweeper. So until I can narrow down what file is being corrupted, we're stuck with the following solution.

This isn't my solution, but it's well hidden on the net so I figure I would post it here.

From the looks of it, it has to do with the ATI support for OGL 4.0. I'm guessing those files don't get updated or removed by uninstalling Catalyst, and I can't find the full extent of those files.

However, this solution does allow you to use 10.6 if you were having this error, and it does run hella smooth compared to 10.4

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=226160

12/10/2011 09:01 AM

Author Icon
Dis
n00b

Originally posted by: joe238  2. If don't see C:/Windows/System32 on the screen next to your cursor, type the command: cd /d C:/Windows/System32 (If windows isn't on C:, replace C: with the drive windows is installed on) 3. Type the command: COPY atioglxx.dll .dll And that should do it.  

I've try do to it, but recieve:

"Acces is denied.

0 file(s) copied."

What can I do with it?(

UPD: I copied and renamed atioglxx.dl with TotalCommander and it solved the problem.

Edited: 12/10/2011 at 03:46 PM by Dis
Statistics
84297 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.