Topic Title: Radeon HD 4200 HDMI video/audio problem on Samsung TV
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/16/2011 09:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/16/2011 09:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jcdoming
n00b

Hi,

I have a problem regarding HDMI conection of my dv5 notebook. Here are some specs:

-Running Windows 7 64 bits

-Radeon HD 4200 video card

-IDT audio

-Computer is dv5-2144CA

I experienced some problems with my HDMI connection to the TV (not working at all), so here is what I did:

-Updated the BIOS to the latest version from the HP site

-Updated the IDT high definition audio codec drivers also from HP. (driver date 25-1-2011)

-Updated the ATI video card through ATI website (HP didn't have the latest version). Driver date: 12-10-2011, driver version 8.902.0.0. Also installed the AMD vision engine control center (version 2011).

And here is the problem now:

-When I connect the HDMI cable to my Samsung TV I can see the image on TV but it displays a "check signal cable"in the middle of the screen. This doesn't happen when I connect my ps3 to the tv using the same cable.

-When I go to playback devices, it shows ATI HDMI audio output (ATI high definition audio device) not plugged in, so I don't have sound in the TV from my computer.

-When I connect the HDMI cable to my computer, a message appears with a "HDMI to DVI Notification". I have an HDMI to HDMI connection so I don't know why this happened.

-AMD vision control center does recognizes the second display as SAMSUNG, DTV, DVI

I don't know what else to to. I've tried uninstalling all drivers and installing them again, disabling some, updating them to the latest version, rebooting with the HDMI on, etc. but I still have the problem. Looked all over the internet and didn't find a correct solution. Only thing I haven't tried is another TV, but I don't think this will solve the issue.

Please help!

Regards,

Juan

12/01/2011 12:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jcdoming
n00b

Just to let you know,

I sent my laptob to customer service and they found out there was a problem with the hdmi connector so they changed the entire motherboard.

Regards,

Juan

Statistics
85448 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.