Well, if people did actually read release notes and KB article pages, then they'd know about drivers and who's responsible for updating them and why the CIM Utility doesn't work on certain machines !!! !!! !! !!!
Here, for future reference, I suggest that you read the following ( freely available ) notes on Mobility GPUs :
.. and from the release notes Read Me file :
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst™ Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, users may have unwanted experiences.
The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. If unwanted experiences occur while using Catalyst™ Mobility, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.
The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:
- Any notebook launched after this driver release
- Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks using Intel® chipsets.
- Toshiba notebooks® (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Sony® VAIO® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Panasonic® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
If people also took the time to search for threads, then you'd have also found several threads with fixes for CCC not opening .. such as THIS :
1. Download the WICU.
2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD.
Control Panel -->> Services -->> AMD External Events Utility -->> Disable / Stop Service ..
Command Prompt with elevated permissions --> sc delete "AMD External Events Utility" ..
3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.
4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".
5. While UAC is turned off (Vista/7 only) navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.
6. Install the Catalyst package again.
.. can't blame AMD for NOOB errors or the fact that most laptop manufacturers have locked AMD out of offering support for the majority of their machines !
If none of that works or you still have issues, then contact whoever made the machine, it's their tech, they should be offering support to their customers !!
AM3 965BE C3
/ 4GB Corsair XMS3 2000Mhz / GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 / Corsair H70 & 2 CM Excaliburs
/ x2 HD3870 ATOMIC Edition / Corsair 90GB Force 3 SSD / Momentus XT 250Gb Hybrid HDD / x3 Samsung F3 1Tb / Sony AD-7700 DVD-RW / Auzen X-Mystique / Enermax INFINITI 650W / Lian Li PC-7FNWB
/ Logitech X-530 / Logitech Kboard & MX620 Laser Mouse / Epson RX685 / DELL U2312HM 23" IPS TFT / MY RIG HERE