Topic Title: Windows 7 won't boot after uninstalled CCC
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/24/2011 03:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/24/2011 03:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
quietstormx1
n00b

I was getting a lot of stuttering in Battlefield 3, and read somewhere that uninstalling the Catalyst Control Center and simply installing the standard display driver would help solve that.

I uninstalled CCC and after my computer went to boot up, I was brought to the Windows Start-Up Repair screen where it searches for and attempts to fix the issue. It ends up not fixing anything, and doesn't even give me a solid error to report as the cause.

After some tinkering around, I was able to finally get my system to boot up with Device Driver Signatures Disabled or something like that. I can't boot up into Safe-Mode (with Networking or Command Prompt, either).

I have no prior versions of Windows safed to roll back to, as it seems that feature was disabled for some reason.

So, to recap: I uninstalled CCC, it appears doing that took a file with it, and now my computer won't load Windows 7. Goes straight to Start-up Repair, which does nothing.

I did a lot of searching on Google, and can only find one link to someone with a similar issue, and that person said that CCC uninstall took a RAID file with it, and they installed their motherboard drivers and that fixed it. I went to my motherboard manufacturers website to get the files off of there, and can't install the .sys files because I don't know how to, and the .exe that theyre in won't install them automatically most likely because I'm not on a 'normal' Windows session.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

My system: AMD Phenom 9850 BE, HD6870 1gb, 4gb ram, Windows 7 64bit

11/24/2011 02:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kapitank
n00b

try, booting safe mode, open device manager, and unistall display adapter, reboot and fix.

-------------------------
Intel i7 920 @4.2/6GbOCZ Blade 2000cl9(RMA)corsair 12gb incoming/Asus Rampage II extreme/Gbx58usb3~apogee gtz~Monsta 140x3 ~evgagtx480SLIsc/watter~xfx hd6990~Tt 1200W~ WD2500KS/~Acer Lcd 24"ws al2416w/Samsung 2243bxw~TT Armor~manba/destructor~hd650
Statistics
88774 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.