Topic Title: Sapphire HD6850 with low usage/load
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/24/2011 07:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/24/2011 07:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Fallyhn
n00b

I just built a new PC for high graphics gaming and I haven't even tested it with any powerful games yet... I can't seem to get low end games running smoothly.

For instance, my wife got me the first Assasin's Creed game (yes, the first one, from 2008) for my birthday. I start it up, and the opening cinematic is choppy...

Here's what I have:

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4 GHz CPU

Sapphire Radeon HD6850 GPU

Corsair Force GT HDD in Raid 0 configuration

Corsair Vengence RAM 8 GB

I am running dual monitors, so I can run CPU and GPU usage trackers on one of the screens while I run a game on the other. I can plainly see the CPU usage jump up really high on all 8 cores when I run any game that isn't a browser-based flash game, while the GPU is staying below 10% on average. I've tried 3 different kinds of GPU trackers and they all say about the same thing (2 Win7 gadgets and GPU-Z). Highest GPU usage I've seen is 30% for about 1 sec.

This should be a blazing fast machine with super smooth gaming and instead it's choppy and I can only point to the GPU low usage as a possible culprit, but I have no idea why it would do this, as there shouldn't be any bottlenecks anywhere.

Any help would be great.

11/25/2011 12:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Deannn
n00b

Im not expert but, i would try different drivers or check to see if there is update for the game.

Statistics
84716 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 11 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.