Topic Title: Sapphire HD6850 with low usage/load
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/24/2011 07:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/24/2011 07:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Fallyhn
n00b

I just built a new PC for high graphics gaming and I haven't even tested it with any powerful games yet... I can't seem to get low end games running smoothly.

For instance, my wife got me the first Assasin's Creed game (yes, the first one, from 2008) for my birthday. I start it up, and the opening cinematic is choppy...

Here's what I have:

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4 GHz CPU

Sapphire Radeon HD6850 GPU

Corsair Force GT HDD in Raid 0 configuration

Corsair Vengence RAM 8 GB

I am running dual monitors, so I can run CPU and GPU usage trackers on one of the screens while I run a game on the other. I can plainly see the CPU usage jump up really high on all 8 cores when I run any game that isn't a browser-based flash game, while the GPU is staying below 10% on average. I've tried 3 different kinds of GPU trackers and they all say about the same thing (2 Win7 gadgets and GPU-Z). Highest GPU usage I've seen is 30% for about 1 sec.

This should be a blazing fast machine with super smooth gaming and instead it's choppy and I can only point to the GPU low usage as a possible culprit, but I have no idea why it would do this, as there shouldn't be any bottlenecks anywhere.

Any help would be great.

11/25/2011 12:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Deannn
n00b

Im not expert but, i would try different drivers or check to see if there is update for the game.

Statistics
84262 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.