If you're faced with those issues, try these solutions. May not work if any driver sweeper or registry entry cleaners have been used.
Might also be of use if errors are encountered during installation of drivers ..
C:\ATI\Support\ ( your driver version here ) \Config\InstallManager.cfg
.. open the .cfg file and change the value :
... and see if that starts the process ..
Also an option :
1. Download the WICU.
2. Uninstall everything related to ATI/AMD.
Control Panel -->> Services -->> AMD External Events Utility -->> Disable / Stop Service ..
Command Prompt with elevated permissions --> sc delete "AMD External Events Utility" ..
3. Launch WICU and delete anything related to ATI/AMD/CCC.
4. Delete all ATI/AMD folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)".
5. While UAC is turned off (Vista/7 only) navigate to the "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and delete any assemblies which have the public token key "90ba9c70f846762e". It is possible that you won't find any, but check it.
6. Install the Catalyst package again.
Run a CMD window as admin
Type : C:\ATI\Support\< name of catalyst folder package unpacked in C:\ here>\
Then : C:\ATI\Support\< name of catalyst folder package unpacked in C:\ here>\cd bin ( or cd bin64 )
Then type the command : atisetup.exe -Install -Output screen