I am running:
- • Windows 7 64-bit
- • AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-core 2.2GHz
- • 8GB RAM
- • Also, PC has an onboard Radeon 3200 (Disabled)
with a Sapphire Radeon 5570 to three monitors:
- • VGA to Gateway HD2201 (1680x1050)
- • DVI to Acer S231HL (1920x1080)
- • Sapphire Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 to DVI to Acer S231HL (1920x1080)
My issue is with the third display. This typically will:
- • Come back from sleep/hibernate or restart defaulting at a 1280x1024 resolution with no option to go higher (I have tried both Windows Display>Screen Resolution and the AMD Vision Engine/Catalyst Control Center fully updated, each many times).
- • Or come back from sleep/hibernate "not detected" and I will need to unplug/replug the DVI cable one-three times before it is detected, resulting in the above resolution issue.
I have searched google and forums looking for an answer to no avail. All monitors have their latest drivers, the 5570 drivers are up to date, Windows 7 has the latest updates, etc. The only solution I have that works is to uninstall the drivers, restart, reinstall the drivers, and restart. This always works until the next time the computer sleeps/hibernates/restarts and the issue continues.
One other note is that I have tested this with different DVI cables and it is the same issue. The only thing I can think of is the Active DisplayPort Adapted is at fault, which I hope is not the case and there is a better solution.
If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or solutions, it would be very much appreciated.