Topic Title: Drivers unistalling
Topic Summary: Games not working, closing just after I click the direct acces
Created On: 12/30/2011 02:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/30/2011 02:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
n00b

Ok, Good Morning.

I own an old ATI Radeon X1200 graphic card (please don't laugh -?-) and It worked well for about 2 years, but recently it started to unistall drivers (I suppose*, I'm not really sure about it).

The thing is: When I turn on the Pc, everything is going right**; but after some hours It doesn't let me open any game (just Counter Strike 1.6 but in a kind of "Window Mode")

Cs 1.6 in a

I haven't installed anything new (just actualizations, maybe -Aurora/Mozilla Browser-) and I find not fair to have to reset the whole computer just to play a videogame.

I use Windows xp, my pc is old too but not as the card itself. (2 GB RAM, 2,7 GHz x2 processor and the other things... I mean, the pc can "run" the video card...)

*I'm almost sure this is a video thing because the "worse" (graphically talking) game is the one wich runs

I already tried installing "the last drivers", but I just got an error message.

This is what I get when try to open specific games:

MVP Baseball 2005 (old as hell):

Error opening MVP Baseball

Flatout 2: (old too)

Error Opening Flatout 2

Left 4 Dead: (not so, but old)

Error opening Left 4 dead

(Yes, I already went to that link... "Error 404". The thread apparently was removed or something)

There should be other error messages / warnings, but I won't full this site with them. Some games just close (seems like they're going to open but nothing happens)

So,

Has this happened to someone else ?

What can I do ?

**I've noticed that since about 2 months ago, when I turn the pc on and It's loading, before "ending" the monitor "flashes" (goes black about 1 sec and then back to normality, but It just happen at that time). My monitor is relatively new (LG had to change the old one because of defects, so, I don't think they'd send my other bad screen)

Also, I can't run any game in highest configuration because it slows !! (let's say.. GTA 3, my video card is supposed to be able to fully support that game -and as I said it's the oldest thing on my old pc, so I guess it's related to it-)

Thanks in advance,

Have nice day

I can't see the images, If It's not only me, here they're:

A
B
C
D

If linked letters don't work (as It seems in my browser), copy paste this ^^

k22.kn3.net/9A0B655ED.jpg
k24.kn3.net/80B63A43F.jpg
k03.kn3.net/84162D95B.jpg
k17.kn3.net/2738BAC33.jpg

Edited: 12/30/2011 at 03:17 AM by 98789
Statistics
88888 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.