Topic Title: 7970 hdmi problems
Topic Summary: Signal degradation and separate streams
Created On: 01/21/2012 12:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/21/2012 12:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
purifier
n00b

I bought it a few days ago and installed it in my htpc, but here's the problem:

if I connect it directly to the projector (Optoma HD20, which is my main and only display) everything goes fine, but if I pass through my av receiver (Denon 1610) the signal seems to degrade, so I get some aliasing and oversaturated red. Is it normal or the card is faulty and I have to RMA it? As far as I remember my old 4870x2 didn't have this issue...

Would it be possible to use a splitter, from the card's hdmi to amp and proj with two separate cables?

My system is:

i7 920 6GB ram W7 ultimate 64

Ps:before anyone asks, I can't pass the audio via S/P-dif because I would lose multichannel in games and HD audio tracks from Blu-ray, I can't even buy an hdmi audio card since I don't have any space left in my case

-------------------------
Si vis pacem para bellum
 02/17/2012 08:27 PM

Author Icon
Perfect Zer0
n00b

this is actually a problem with your receiver. I am a HT tech and send way to much time dealling with these issues. The Denon line does not allow you to disable video processing, plus all but the top 3 units have very poor video processors.

02/17/2012 09:41 PM

Author Icon
purifier
n00b

I solved this problem a long time ago using a splitter fortunately, top video quality and full hdmi audio (including multichannel in games and HD codecs on Blu-ray), unfortunately (as you can read in my other topic) then I decided to format my disk, after that the multichannel audio was gone...

-------------------------
Si vis pacem para bellum
Statistics
88818 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.