Topic Title: [SOLVED] Not able to set Bezel Compensation?
Topic Summary: Its not under the Eyefinity section
Created On: 02/22/2012 12:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/22/2012 12:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jerrolds

Not sure why, but i have no way of setting the Bezel Compensation - i feel like my driver/ccc install is somewhat incomplete, as when i create an Eyefinity group - it seems always "remember" the last time i created one - i have no way of changing its settings

Am i looking in the wrong place?

Using 12.2 Preview Drivers and newest CAP3 - is it safe to "downgrade" to 11.x and then go back up... 

Also If i switch back to extended and go to create a new Eyefinity group, the resulting screen isnt combined - each screen is a duplicate, but i get an option to increase the resolution to 5760x1080 and at that point the screens combine...

But still no way to set bezel and other things to Eyefinity group - i only have Enable/Disable - i can hit Apply a thousand times and nothing really happens

At this point im kind of stuck - i cant edit the Eyefinity group, set bezel compensation, Hydragrid doesnt do anything (does it work in Eyefinity)...ive driversweeper reinstalled a dozen times...

Thanks for any advice guys - driving me insane, hopefully im just doing something stupid

Connections

2xDVI

1xminiDP -> DVI Active Adapter

Edited: 02/23/2012 at 12:36 AM by jerrolds
 02/23/2012 12:34 AM

Author Icon
jerrolds

SOLVED IT.

After numerous reinstalls, uninstalls with Disksweeper, Safemode uninstalls, repairs of .NET4, reinstall of .NET4 - I finally fixed it by doing the following.

1) Uninstall Radeon 6900 using normal uninstaller, reboot.

2) Windows Reinstalls from saved backup somewhere

3) Delete all TEMP directorors (eg C:\Windows\Temp C:\User\Temp, etc)

4) Uninstall Radeon 6900 drivers from Device Manager

5) Use DriverSweeper 

6) Reboot

7) Reinstall drivers normally.

After that everything behaved normally. Bezel compensation was available, Hydragrid, everything. 

I'm guessing the Windows temp files were being used or corrupted or something, as it was really the only thing different from driversweeper/.net4 repair/reinstall i was normally doing. 

02/23/2012 09:56 AM

Author Icon
haha120
n00b

Continue to play with · · play to the top level of the equipment · ·

Statistics
84337 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.