Topic Title: Catalyst Control Center cannot be started.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/28/2012 06:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/01/2012 05:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
randyb1963
Peon

Good luck getting this to work. I have had the same ongoing problem with my twin ASUS 6950s and ASUSM4A89TD motherboard. The drivers NEVER install correctly. Either there is a message saying check the log which never has any information in it or Catalyst control center will not load. I didnt drop 400 bucks on two video cards to not be able to use them. Good luck getting an answer on this board as no one with any knowledge will respond and help. And to all this has happened EVERYTIME I install the drivers. Its back to the old days of ATI with their HORRIBLE driver support. I love to support AMD but this crap is unacceptable. I am going to sell my AMD crap and get Intel from now one as much as I hate to. Go ahead and flame me.

06/01/2012 11:23 PM

Author Icon
bnborg

I finally got mine working.  I uninstalled.  Then I did a Windows inplace upgrade.  This is where you execute \sources\setup from your Windows DVD while you are in Windows.  I let it install all the updates and reboot, and then I ran SFC /SCANNOW in a cmd prompt.  Note, SFC had failed to complete before.

After that, I installed Catalyst 12.4 CCC and Chipset and RAID drivers.  AMD Vision Engine CC seems to work fine now.

-------------------------

Two: HD 4550, Phenom II x6 1090T on MSI 870A-G54, 16 GB DDR3 1333
Two: Asrock E350M1, 8 GB DDR3 1333
HD 5570, Athlon II X4 630 on Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3, 16 GB DDR3 1333
Dual HD 4650's in CrossfireX, on MSI RD 480 Neo2, 4GB DDR2 800.

Edited: 06/02/2012 at 02:21 PM by bnborg
 06/02/2012 09:59 AM

Author Icon
sloots

Originally posted by: randyb1963

Good luck getting an answer on this board as no one with any knowledge will respond and help.

Pure BS mate .. all you have to do is make a thread and someone will try to help out if they can. This is only a basic user to user forum and not official tech support anyway, for that, you contact your card manufacturer and/or their help forums if they have them, and you can also contact AMD directly via their emails and/or support ticket page.

HD69xx series cards aren't that hard to install, done it plenty of times @ work ( it's my job ), and haven't had any issues like that happen.

06/05/2012 01:45 AM

Author Icon
gidyn
n00b

Originally posted by: bnborg

I finally got mine working.  I uninstalled.  Then I did a Windows inplace upgrade.  This is where you execute \sources\setup from your Windows DVD while you are in Windows.  I let it install all the updates and reboot, and then I ran SFC /SCANNOW in a cmd prompt.  Note, SFC had failed to complete before.

Do you lose your applications/settings when you do this?

06/05/2012 03:20 AM

Author Icon
bnborg

Originally posted by: gidyn

Do you lose your applications/settings when you do this?

Generally, no.  But the usual cautions about always having a good backup apply.  You could also use the Settings and transfer wizard, "\support\migwiz\migwiz.exe" on the install DVD, if you otherwise can't find it.  Note, the wizard needs a lot of space on an external drive.

Two: HD 4550, Phenom II x6 1090T on MSI 870A-G54, 16 GB DDR3 1333
Two: Asrock E350M1, 8 GB DDR3 1333
HD 5570, Athlon II X4 630 on Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3, 16 GB DDR3 1333
Dual HD 4650's in CrossfireX, on MSI RD 480 Neo2, 4GB DDR2 800.

06/05/2012 12:37 PM

Author Icon
gidyn
n00b

After that, I installed Catalyst 12.4 CCC and Chipset and RAID drivers.  AMD Vision Engine CC seems to work fine now.

IT WORKS!!! THANK YOU!!!

06/05/2012 02:38 PM

Author Icon
gidyn
n00b

I uninstalled .NET 3.5 (as I've installed 4), and it stopped working. Reinstalled 3.5, rebooted, and it started working again.

07/24/2012 08:41 AM

Author Icon
Slit
n00b

Having the same problem, "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started there are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center" message.

I have serious suspicion catalyst installer is screwing up somehow. CCC is installed into Program Files\ATI Technologies, right? The contents of that folder for me is a single cccutil64.txt file saying "ccc utility 64bit install".

Card is Sapphire's HD7770, OS is Win 7 64b, I haven't upgraded the driver, it is a fresh install of 12.6 after buying the new card an uninstalling nvidia software.

I'v tried reinstalling just CCC. I've tried completely uninstalling all AMD stuff using native uninstallers and control panel. Reboots on each stage. Nothing helped.

And yes, after a while I've even tried purging all install info with driver sweeper after reboot in safe mode. But dont tell me that's whats causing the problem. The problem was there long before I used the sweeper. And yes, that didn't help either.

All the other driver catalyst related stuff seems to work. I even got a nice frame rame boost in Skyrim upgrading to 12.7 beta. So the display driver installed and workes perfectly. Why wown't the damn CCC do the same?

Edit: Also tried to run "sfc /scannow", verification went ok, 100%. Doesn't seem to be windows problem either. So what the hell?

07/24/2012 09:09 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

There could be a conflict with left over Nvidia software that is preventing the installer from completing...this happens even if you have run Driver sweeper. Try this:

Remedy:

Click Start > Run...

Type cmd into the Open: textbox.

Click the OK button.
-----------------------------------------
Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 at the command prompt. Enter

Type devmgmt.msc at the command prompt. Enter

Type exit & Click the Enter button

Leave the command prompt window open until all is done at the Device Manager.
----------------------------------
In Device Manager:

Click View > Show hidden devices from the menu.
----------------------------------------
Click on the + to expand display adapters.

Identify the removed hardware item(s).
These devices will appear lighter in color, or gray.
----------------------------------------------
Right Click on the removed hardware item.

Left Click on Uninstall from the menu.
------------------------------------------------
Confirm Device Removal dialog:

Click the OK button.
-------------------------------------------------
After all of the removed hardware item(s) have been uninstalled,
Close the Device Manager.
Then, Close Command Prompt. Type exit & Click the Enter button

Then reinstall the 12.7 suite.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

*  Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati *

07/24/2012 11:19 AM

Author Icon
Slit
n00b

No luck. Using the method above I did indeed manage to find GTS 250 and delete it. Rebooted. Uninstalled AMD stuff. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Rebooted. No luck. Same "no options" nonsense.

Also I found out that CCC is a 32-bit application so disregard what I wrote about  a single txt file. ATI Technologies folder in Program Files is indeed a single .txt, but in Program Files (86)  it's a CCC install.

P.S. A very interesting find. Installing HydraVision allowed CCC to launch. With HydraVision as the only configurable So it seems CCC installs and works correctly, but somehow options are literally missing. Are some files absent? Why wown't they install?

My C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE folder size for 12.7 beta is 63,991,182 bytes.

The link is to a CCC running with only Hydravision settings and normal options missing http://i46.tinypic.com/17vf3s.jpg

AMD Support and Game » The Archive » Catalyst Control Center cannot be started.

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
87613 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.