Topic Title: [Solved] CCC settings revert after 15 seconds, no yes/no prompt
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/20/2012 03:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/20/2012 03:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
silion
n00b

Just bought a 7770 and installed the latest drivers, so far so good except if I want to change the frequency from 60hz to 75hz it resets back to 60hz after 15 seconds. This is just an example, as any other setting like changing resolution also resets back to the previous after 15 seconds.

I had this problem with my 4850 from the 11.4 drivers, so I ran with the 11.3 up until today. With those drivers, I got a dialog-box with yes/no if I wanted to keep the settings and that I had 15 seconds to decide before it reverted back to the former. It is this very dialog-box that does not appear now, it just reverts automatically.

It is possible to work around this by changing to what you want, then changing to something else and waiting 15 seconds for it to reset to the the one before but that's not really a solution.

Back then when I posted about it, only a couple of people had this issue and no one had any answers for us. I emailed with AMD support, but they could not reproduce this bug and could not help us further either.

So, I am hoping that now, almost one year later, someone here knows what's causing this issue.

I'm on a desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, and a 7770 card as mentioned earlier.

Also, I wonder, is it at all possible for me to use the 11.3 CCC and the 12.2 drivers? If anyone knows. At least then I'd have a CCC that works.

Edited: 03/20/2012 at 05:13 PM by silion
 03/20/2012 04:07 PM

Author Icon
Gr33nGecko
Long Time Member

Yeah that issue usually happens when you set your taskbar / start menu privacy settings to not store and display recently opened items .. I've answered several similar posts about that in the past here ..

If you right click the start button on windows taskbar, properties -> start menu -> privacy -> check both options "store and display ... ... " .. then you should have the confirmation dialogue button appear when you change something in VECC ..

-------------------------
AM3 965BE C3 / 4GB Corsair XMS3 2000Mhz / GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 / Corsair H70 & 2 CM Excaliburs / x2 HD3870 ATOMIC Edition / Corsair 90GB Force 3 SSD / Momentus XT 250Gb Hybrid HDD / x3 Samsung F3 1Tb / Sony AD-7700 DVD-RW / Auzen X-Mystique / Enermax INFINITI 650W / Lian Li PC-7FNWB / Logitech X-530 / Logitech Kboard & MX620 Laser Mouse / Epson RX685 / DELL U2312HM 23" IPS TFT / MY RIG HERE
 03/20/2012 04:16 PM

Author Icon
silion
n00b

Holy cow! I really did not expect it to be solved, but you had the answer! Thank you, so very, very much!

Here I was making a frankenstein-build for 11.3 and 12.2 to see if that would work, but thankfully I no need do this. This information should really be stickied imho

But...how on earth are these two things related? I mean store and display recently opened items affects the dialog-box of CCC? I would really like to know

And one last humble question I'd like to ask, is where have the temperature information gone? Or do I have to accept the overdrive disclaimer to be able to see my GPU temp? I never do any overclocking, so I never touch these settings. I downloaded GPU-Z, and that shows the temperatures but I'd like to know if they are still in CCC somewhere.

Again, thank you very much for litterally saving my evening and not having to ponder this any further!

Edited: 03/20/2012 at 04:37 PM by silion
 03/20/2012 04:53 PM

Author Icon
Gr33nGecko
Long Time Member

Heheh, glad it resolved your problem .. I was going to add that how & why it happens, I don't know .. I've still not worked out what the connection is between them both, it's very strange really .

Yeah you have to accept the disclaimer thing to see the "Configure Graphics Overdrive" options, where the GPU temps and activity of GPU are shown.

You can relock afterwards if you don't wish to continue using it, by going into the Windows Registry and doing a search for "AMDOverDrive"  .. change setting "EULA_Accepted" from true to false .. ..

-------------------------
AM3 965BE C3 / 4GB Corsair XMS3 2000Mhz / GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 / Corsair H70 & 2 CM Excaliburs / x2 HD3870 ATOMIC Edition / Corsair 90GB Force 3 SSD / Momentus XT 250Gb Hybrid HDD / x3 Samsung F3 1Tb / Sony AD-7700 DVD-RW / Auzen X-Mystique / Enermax INFINITI 650W / Lian Li PC-7FNWB / Logitech X-530 / Logitech Kboard & MX620 Laser Mouse / Epson RX685 / DELL U2312HM 23" IPS TFT / MY RIG HERE
Statistics
84903 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.