Topic Title: "AMD OverDrive failed to start." with 4.0.4 and 4.1
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/19/2012 05:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2012 05:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marikhen
n00b

AMD OverDrive has been a wonderfully reluctant to work beast for me.  I'm currently using version 3.2.1 because it's the only version that will load up, but in the past it's done some wonky things like refuse to let me increase my CM past what it boots at after a failed auto-OC attempt.

Awhile back I'd noticed 4.0.4's release, downloaded it, installed it, and it worked fine, but after reinstalling my OS I get the "AMD OverDrive failed to start." error message every time I try to load it up.  Today I noticed that version 4.1 was released, downloaded it, installed it, and got the same error message.

Please note that I am using an admin account and that the UAC is set up so that I don't have to run each and every little program as admin.  As such it is not the "Please run as Administrator" error message mentioned in 4.1's helpful, it's a plain "failed to start" without reason.

Given that 4.0.4 used to work, that I'm running on a 790GX-based board with a Phenom II 1090t CPU and an HD6870 graphics card, and that I'm using Windows 7 x64 does anyone have suggestions for getting this pig to run?  It's been a somewhat useful tool in the past, and I like having it available for various hardware monitoring functions that I don't get from other software, software like Everest which insists on reporting data for my GTS 450 and not my HD6870.

Statistics
84711 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.