Topic Title: Easiest and Hardest video games you've ever played
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/19/2012 11:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/19/2012 11:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Just curious to see what everyone thinks the easiest and hardest video games they've ever played were. Now, there are a few rules:

1) Text based games are not allowed. Ever see the movie Big? Remember the game he plays? That's a text based game. Another example would be the Hugo series of games where you moved the character with the arrow keys but told him what to do by typing instructions such as "open safe".

2) Only consider games with a clear ending, no games which just get progressively harder until you lose, such as Tetris.

3) When considering difficulty, only consider the main quest line or main objective, not side quests (as in the TES series) or "optional 100% complete" objectives (such as completing the Pokédex in a Pokémon game).

4) When considering difficulty, only consider the first time you played through the game, which hopefully you didn't have to cheat (using cheats or a walkthrough) to get through. Or if you've never beaten it, well, then I'm sure that's going to be the one you pick as the hardest.

5) The games you choose can be any game from early PC DOS games through modern PC games as well as early console games to modern console games.

6) Do explain your choices.

Now, I'll start off.

Easiest -- This was a very easy choice for me, it is "Guerrilla Wars" on the NES. It's not very long, easily completable within an hour, unlimited ammunition for all weapons and grenades, predictable enemies, no time limits, and, the thing which clenches it as the easiest game for me, unlimited continues after you lose every life, so there's no incentive to stay alive. It's like they took an arcade game, removed the necessity of paying, and sold it.

Hardest -- This was also a very easy choice for me, it's "Gauntlet" on the NES. Why? Because I've never been able to beat the thing! Even using the game genie and turning on unlimited health and unlimited keys, even after two decades of trying to beat the thing, I haven't been able to do it. If you've never played it, pick up an emulator and ROM and try it, it'll drive you up the wall and across the ceiling. Sure it's your typical tough game of the 8 bit era until you get to stage 50 or so when, well, I won't tell you any spoilers..

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 07/20/2012 12:19 AM

Author Icon
stargaz3rr
Grinding Levels

easiest - well this is hard, because almost everygame nowdays are very easy especially the shooter game, i think the easiest game i have played was assassin creed 1, once altair learn counter kill everything becomes too easy, you can even counter kill the final boss with the hidden blade and when he's down just stab him again and he died

Hardest- well this one is easy, Master Karateka on nes, seriously i never beat that game, maybe it's hard because i was 5 years old at the time or maybe because it is a hard game. Oh and shinobi on PS2, can't beat the final boss after countless try and just gave up, the guy is invulnerable like he was surounded with invisible shield or something plus your health keep droping because for some reason you're using a curse sword which drain your health non stop, imagine you playing Diablo 3 on inferno against elite with shielding afflix and desecrator, and you stand on top of the fire and hit the elite while their shield is up, that's what it feels like.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, Intel i5 3570k 2x4 GB Kingston, Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-XSeasonic M12II 850W, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Seagate 500GB, Seagate 2TB

07/20/2012 11:36 AM

Author Icon
jpotter
n00b

Plenty of VERY hard games I never really tried - mostly because the initial difficulty turned me off.  (i.e. Gauntlet is the perfect example).  I hate 'cheating' or using codes to legitamently beat a game the first time.  First time through any game I will play through as the dev. intended.  But for games like gauntlet, after trying like the first 10 levels, over, and over, and over again, getting worked over every time.... I turned it off and never really tried to beat it after that.  I put it in my make believe 'unbeatable' catagory and just kick them around when I'm bored.  Another one - Ikari Warriors without using 'A-B-B-A' on the NES.

Anyway back to my easiest/hardest:

Easiest:

I dunno.... probably 'Duck Tails' on NES.  Super easy and as a kid I used to see how fast I could beat it and try to without dying.

Hardest:

Ninja Gaiden - the original on the NES.  Still never beat it; but last time I had gotten the Demon (after you kill Jaquio) down to two life bars when I died.  And if you die on the boss fight you have to start the entire world 8 over again..... still can't do it.

07/23/2012 10:42 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

Easist I think for me was Modern Warfare 1.

Hardest.. Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Other stupidly hard NES games.

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

07/24/2012 11:57 AM

Author Icon
Fishman
Master Looter

The most difficult game for me was Equinox on the SNES. Never did finish it.

The difficult part was judging the angles to jump on things.

This is NOT me playing.Just a vid to give you an idea of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIJW3sc9YAQ

GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P/ AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black/2 x XFX HD5870 /RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1333/ Corsair TX750M/ Antec 900 case/ Windows 7x64 Ult.

07/24/2012 12:25 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Surprised nobody mentioned Final Fantasy I (the NES FF1), which gave us the phrases "Eye uses GAZE", "Warmech uses NUKE", and "Chaos uses CRAK", not to mention Bahamut the Dragon, and the ability to carry around 99 houses as if they were nothing

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 07/24/2012 12:57 PM

Author Icon
Hammey
Grinding Levels

Hi for me it would have to be Unreal Tournament mod lms zark rifle online play. The action never stopped if you stopped moving you where dead they had some great online players then. Not only hard to win but hard on the body also made me sweat to keep up. I only wish I was younger when the pc game market came to be I am to old to keep up now but still play LOL.

MSI Mpower Max, I7-4770K, MSI GTX 780 Lightning, G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB DDR3-2400, 2X Kingston HyperX 3K 480GB , 1Tb Raptor, Creative ZXR Sound, 1000 watt Coolermaster Single 80 amp Rail, G700s Mouse, Z5500 Speakers
Statistics
86413 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.