Topic Title: AMD Radeon 2XX Series Artifacts > Switching to nVidia after exhausting all options
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/07/2014 04:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/08/2014 02:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ReiszRie
Peon

I have always been a Radeon supporter, ever since ATi days and is the de facto choice for myself and recommendations but my recent experience really destroyed every sliver of faith and confidence I have in AMD Radeon.

05/08/2014 03:21 AM

Author Icon
TypeOverride
Grinding Levels

Originally posted by: ReiszRie I have always been a Radeon supporter, ever since ATi days and is the de facto choice for myself and recommendations but my recent experience really destroyed every sliver of faith and confidence I have in AMD Radeon.

What do you think what i have. I come to AMD because of Mantle (nothing against Mantle), but i have only problems with the driver.

I want that AMD will be success in everyting they do. But when the driver should be always 1A. And they are like everyone says the last crap.

Is there something where i can read about future plans of AMD and his drivers ?

A list of the problems and a list of fixes ? Something where i can see that this all is well-known.

-------------------------

[Int Core i7-2600K]
[Asus P8P67 EVO]
[2x Corsair D3 4GB 1333-999 XMS]
[750 Watt]
[NEW Sappihre R9 280x Dual-X OC] - Blue Screen by AMD kernel mode driver
[Windows 7 64-bit]

05/09/2014 03:38 AM

Author Icon
absreim
Peon

One setting that finally made a significant and consistently reproducible difference in the presence of artifacts is simply turning on VSync through the Catalyst Control Center. With VSync on, even when running 3DMark Fire Strike at Extreme settings, I get minimal visual artifacts.

I'm interested in hearing whether other people with R9 graphics cards get similar results.

Edit: Scratch that. After using the video card for long enough with vSync on, artifacts eventually appeared and with the same severity as before. I tried two more driver versions today with the exact same results.

I've given up and decided to send it back. This will be my first ever RMA with Newegg.

Edited: 05/09/2014 at 08:27 PM by absreim
Statistics
84907 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.