Topic Title: Dirt 3 Promo not working
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2013 02:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2013 02:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Zezao
Peon

I recently purchased an AMD product, and it included 1 codes for Dirt 3. The instructions on the back tell me to go to www.amd.com/dirt3promo to acquire a download link(after inputting the coupon code), however the page doesn't work. I get this error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Found

The requested URL /dirt3promo was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The card says that the promotion expires Dec 31, 2011, but I received the code today, Jan 10, 2013. I can still get the game?

Thank you

01/10/2013 03:31 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

The Dirt3 Promotion expired December 31, 2012, which is why you're getting a 404 error. If the retailer advertised this as a selling feature, go talk to them about this, but the cards were pre-packaged with the coupons when the sale was active.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 01/23/2013 12:17 PM

Author Icon
Zakaria
Peon

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2597456
Take a look at this post on the steam forums (sorry for the link, but it's much easier than me copying it all out here)
That is currently the process I'm going through, I hadn't recieved my code in over 48 hours so I just emailed AMD support and hoping to get an email back later today/tomorrow! Hope it helps

01/25/2013 04:26 PM

Author Icon
Zakaria
Peon

Sorry, but the support staff member (Kent@AMD) has been ill informed. The deal does still run, I think AMD has good support but they should have let their workers know a little bit more info!
proof:  DiRT Promo Proof

01/08/2014 12:57 AM

Author Icon
ArmagMhz
Peon

Hello I have the exact same problem with Dirt3. What can I do to get a game?

Statistics
81111 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.