Topic Title: AMD Falsely Advertising Never Settle Reloaded Bundle?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/13/2013 09:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/13/2013 09:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MrBlkfx1
Peon

Hello All, 

I am posting here because, like many people, I've had no luck when emailing AMD support. This is concerning the reciept of six free games when purchasing two eligible HD 79XX series cards from participating retailers in a single transaction. 

Well, recently I purchased two Sapphire HD 7950 graphics cards from Newegg.com. When they arrived, I was only given Two single card vouchers for Bioshock infinite and Crysis 3. However, when reading the terms and conditions for the promotion. I am supposed to recieve the coupon code for  “Sleeping Dogs,” “Hitman Absolution,” “Far Cry 3,” “Tomb Raider,” “BioShock Infinite,” and "Crysis 3". Intially, I contacted Newegg because I thought it a problem on their end. But, when speaking with thier suppor team, they pointed out the problem would have to be solved by AMD. So, I was wondering if anyone knew of how to actually take advantage of the promotion or atleast tell me why I wasn't given what was advertised in the bundle's terms and conditions. 

02/13/2013 09:37 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

How is it AMD's fault that some halfwit in the warehouse didn't give you the codes?

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 02/13/2013 09:50 AM

Author Icon
MrBlkfx1
Peon

Because, according to Newegg support it is their fault. They wern't given the codes. Thus, leaving AMD to blame for the problem. 

02/13/2013 02:55 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I am looking into getting proper clarification on the current Never Settle: Reloaded promotion.  I'll update the thread when I have it.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

02/15/2013 06:47 PM

Author Icon
rodan1967
Peon

I too am having a similar problem. I bought a Gigabyte 7970 video card Feb 11th 2013 from Amazon. I recieved the video card and there is no vouchers of any kind in the box. Amazon website says I should recive a email with instructions. I have no idea who such email is supposed to be from. If you look on Amazon of any of the qualifying AMD video cards on Amazon they all say the same thing about Promotion. I sent email to AMD support on the promotion website but have not recieved a response. If I do not hear something in the next few days I am just going to return the cards and buy a Nvidia 680. Only reason I purchased the 7970  was because getting Crysis 3 and Bioshock was a great deal. Any help apprcieted.

02/19/2013 04:41 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

rodan1967 - Was the product purchased from Amazon.com, or from another vendor through Amazon.com?

As per Amazon, here:

"The promotion applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. Promotion applies to orders placed on or after February 4th, 2013. Offer ends March 31, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. or while supplies last."

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

02/20/2013 11:26 AM

Author Icon
thedude2470
Peon

Originally posted by: rodan1967 I too am having a similar problem. I bought a Gigabyte 7970 video card Feb 11th 2013 from Amazon. I recieved the video card and there is no vouchers of any kind in the box. Amazon website says I should recive a email with instructions. I have no idea who such email is supposed to be from. If you look on Amazon of any of the qualifying AMD video cards on Amazon they all say the same thing about Promotion. I sent email to AMD support on the promotion website but have not recieved a response. If I do not hear something in the next few days I am just going to return the cards and buy a Nvidia 680. Only reason I purchased the 7970  was because getting Crysis 3 and Bioshock was a great deal. Any help apprcieted.

Hopefully this helps you, as AMD isn't helping anyone.

The first email you receive should be from the retailer you purchased the card from. This email should contain instructions and a special code which will allow you to file for the free game codes on AMD's Never Settle Reloaded page, which is here:

http://www.amd4u.com/neversettlereloaded/index.html

Once you do this, you will receive an email from AMD telling you that your keys will be sent to you via email when they are available.

It soudns to me like you need to contact Amazon, as they haven't sent you the initial email. However, AMD isn't doing their part either by sending people bad keys and not responding to angry customers, so good luck.

02/20/2013 03:42 PM

Author Icon
robkarp
Nerfed

I believe this was answered by Marc in another post.  I verified with Amazon that they are not honoring the extra promotion for purchasing two HD 7970s.  In fact, they won't even issue two copies of Crysis 3 (one per household is what I was told).  What's a little concerning to me is that I can't find any reseller (that's not just selling pre-made PCs) that is giving the 2-card promotion.

Rampage IV Formula; 3930K @ 4.4GHz; 16Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1866; Sapphire HD 7970 x2; Corsair AX1200 PSU
 02/20/2013 03:58 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: thedude2470

Hopefully this helps you, as AMD isn't helping anyone.

The first email you receive should be from the retailer you purchased the card from. This email should contain instructions and a special code which will allow you to file for the free game codes on AMD's Never Settle Reloaded page, which is here:

http://www.amd4u.com/neversettlereloaded/index.html

Once you do this, you will receive an email from AMD telling you that your keys will be sent to you via email when they are available.

It soudns to me like you need to contact Amazon, as they haven't sent you the initial email. However, AMD isn't doing their part either by sending people bad keys and not responding to angry customers, so good luck.

I am really confused by your blanket statement, bolded.  Could you please look at the post that is immediately above yours and tell me who posted?  WHhhhhooooaaaaa.....get outa here!!!  Could it be.....NOOooooo, it is!!!!!  Marc@AMD, who just happens to actually work for AMD and appears to have responded twice in this very thread....Shut the front door!!!!!  Why I never.....no, no.....not in a million....gazillion years would have thought that...... =-P~~~~~~~~~

Anywho, thanks for the additional info hopefully it helps some of the users of this forum.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

02/26/2013 11:13 AM

Author Icon
XenoLair
Peon

Hello.

Anyone from AMD know when the codes for Tomb Raider will be sent out to our emails  [never settle reloaded promotion]?

03/05/2013 06:23 AM

Author Icon
~Divine~Wind~
Peon

Bump for the masses

Statistics
84350 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.