Topic Title: Neversettle - Never getting my key emailed.
Topic Summary: entered coupon in site got auto mail got no mail with key
Created On: 02/28/2013 12:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/28/2013 12:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Locksmith
Peon

Bought a HD7970 yestarday morning for £315

First GFX upgrade in 5 years, i thought free games(Crysis 3 + Bioshock) then i must buy a new GFX thats a good deal.

made sure in the computer shop scan, that i got the coupon.

came home installed my card, installed windows.

went to the amd.com/neversettlepromo

entered my coupon code, got the auto email saying wait for keys.

I am still waiting for the keys, specially the Crysis 3 key) that as been released already.

Seems to me you dont have the keys, so why give out the coupons and hold back the key when the game is released(crysis 3)

come monday morning, i will be taking it back to buy yes you guessed it a Nvidia card.

Emailed support@amd4u.com   yestarday and today, got no replies.

Whats AMD going to do about this ? ignore me and the rest ?

the shop i purchased the hd7970 is on your list of vendors

Scan.co.uk

i have coupon from them and i have recipt..

Seems you have got to wait 7 days untill you can email them about were the keys are.. ROFLMAO

Edited: 02/28/2013 at 12:49 PM by Locksmith
 02/28/2013 01:46 PM

Author Icon
thedude2470
Peon

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It seems they are having some serious issues, and it might be a while before they solve them.

I'm only going to give it a few more days before I ship the card back and buy what I should have bought in the first place.

Everyone has technical problems, yes, but not having keys ready, sending out previously used keys and sending people emails with no keys shows how much they actually care about the promotion. It's just an excuse to get mass amounts of people to purchase their card.

I'm going to regret sending the card back, as it is phenomenal, but NVIDIA has never let me down over the past 6 years.

02/28/2013 01:56 PM

Author Icon
hyperseven
Peon

Applied for my codes yesterday morning, and like you still waiting , emailed them a couple of times no response, even put a tweet on there twitter account, nothing

bought a 7950 from Dabs.com

02/28/2013 04:22 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I am trying to keep the forum uncluttered a bit...

... to anyone new entering this thread with the same issue, please see this thread instead.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

02/28/2013 05:31 PM

Author Icon
gilljoy
Peon

Same thing happening to me with my 7970 from scan as well

03/02/2013 01:33 PM

Author Icon
rlestra5
Peon

The same thing happened to me.

I got a postcard with the Unique Coupon Code.

Entered it at AMD.com/neversettlepromo as instructed.

Received an email that my game keys would be sent shortly. 

And I have yet to receive another email with the game keys.

(To boot, I seem to have lost the initial email I was sent after I entered in the Unique Coupon Code...not sure if that matters or not)

What is going on here and when will the email with the game keys be sent out??

03/04/2013 01:09 PM

Author Icon
GeneJacket
Peon

Same here, I recieved the confirmation email below on 02/27:

http://imgur.com/dBu7N8j

Still haven't received my Tomb Raider key yet and I'm starting to get a little nervous. I bought my new card specifically because of the Never Settle Reloaded promo and since I was going to pick up Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite anyway I figured it was a good time to bite and save myself some money.

03/04/2013 01:18 PM

Author Icon
rlestra5
Peon

@GeneJacket

Glad to hear someone else is having the same problem.

Are you on AIM or Skype? Maybe we can keep in touch to see if we can get this issue resolved.

Has anyone else in this thread received their game keys since their original post???

Let's stay on top of this to make sure we get what we're entitled to.

03/04/2013 01:20 PM

Author Icon
GeneJacket
Peon

I'm not, but I'll be here, and will update when/if I get keys (hopefully they'll actually work).

03/04/2013 01:25 PM

Author Icon
rlestra5
Peon

Yeah, I would hope we get them soon. I bought my card for the same reason as you.

Marc@AMD - if you happen to see this thread can you please provide an update for those of us who never received our game key email to begin with. (not the initial email after we entered our unique coupon code through the form, but the email with the actual game keys themselves)

Thank you.

03/04/2013 02:03 PM

Author Icon
Ihmemies
Peon

Still haven't seen the Tomb Raider key, while the game will be released in a couple of hours.

With Nvidia's F2P promotion I got the codes instantly both in the webpage & an email. AMD really should look at Nvidia how things are done properly.

Altough with the current employer situation @ AMD I doubt it will be that easy... they don't even have manpower to produce new gfx cards anymore, instead relying on over a year old product line.

03/04/2013 02:23 PM

Author Icon
GeneJacket
Peon

I just got off the phone with customer service and the agent I spoke to, while very nice about it, did argue with me a bit about when keys would be sent out. I told him that Tomb Raider, specifically, was launching at midnight tonight and he seemed to think that we wouldn't get keys until after the game had been released.

I tried to press the issue, that I was under the impression they were being sent out already as to let people preload, but he just referred me to support@amd.com, which judging by the complaints here, have been no help.

I'm going to try a few more avenues to see what I can find out and will update if I get any more info. 

03/05/2013 05:46 AM

Author Icon
~Divine~Wind~
Peon

bump for the masses

03/05/2013 05:46 AM

Author Icon
~Divine~Wind~
Peon

bump for the masses

03/05/2013 11:04 AM

Author Icon
chrispy145
Peon

I signed up to the boards for the same problem (which, by the way took AMD over 8 hours to send me my forum confirmation and password...).

I submitted my promo code online last week, received the automated e-mail that my codes will be coming and have yet to receive anything.

I am very disappointed in the lack of communication by this company. I have sent multiple e-mails just to have my inquiries go completely ignored.

A large factor in me choosing an AMD card over the competitor was due to the current promo. However, I cannot see myself supporting this company in the future when it obviously does not care to uphold its aggreement. I do understand that technical issues do occur, but to not communicate with your customers is unacceptable.

Statistics
84125 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.