Topic Title: Received the wrong offer voucher
Topic Summary: Vendor gave me an old offer voucher and says that's what AMD offer
Created On: 05/23/2013 06:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/23/2013 06:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tex Zero
Peon

I'm not sure where to go with this.

I bought an Gigabyte HD7950 from a local retailer (Melbourne, Australia) today that is listed on the Never Settle Reloaded page. Before I bought the card I emailed them to make sure they had it in stock and that in included the NSR bundle. They told me by email that it did so I ordered the card and said I'd be in later to pick it up. When I picked the card up I asked if the voucher was with and and the sales guy said it was.

When i got home (an hour from the shop) I discovered that the voucher they gave me is for an older offer for Hitman and Farcry 3. I called the store to say they gave me the wrong voucher but the sales guy insisted that this voucher is the one that comes with the card. I asked him to look up the Never Settle Promo page on the web and even gave him the URL, but he said that does apply to this card even though the 7950 is clearly there. He simply wouldn't help. When I asked if I could return the card he said I'd be charged a restocking fee.

I want to make it clear that I was calm and polite. I'm an adult and I know that getting angry generally won't get you the result you want. I simply wanted the product I expected to purchase and to recieve the offer that AMD has bundled with the card. I took a long time before settling on the 7950 and the NSR offer was a significant part of making the decision to buy AMD.

I now find myself with a card that I am more than happy with, but with an old voucher that I don't know if its even still valid.

I have proof of purchase, an unused voucher and would like to know if there is anything that can be done to get the NSR bundle I expected to receive.

05/23/2013 10:49 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I believe the retailer gave you a Never Settle Promotion coupon-code.  That promotion has expired!  You are entitled to a Never Settle: Reloaded Promotion coupon-code.  You are entitled to: Bioshock Infinite, Crysis3, and FarCry3: Blood Dragon.

If the retailer also had stock of the Level-Up Bonus coupon-codes, and you bought the product after May 15, 2013 you should also be entitled to Tomb Raider.  Perhaps the retailer has made an honest mistake, but I definitely feel your frustration!

Please PM me the details below.

> first & last name
> e-mail address
> specific product purchased

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

05/30/2013 02:50 AM

Author Icon
Tex Zero
Peon

Thanks Marc. PM sent.

06/04/2013 09:01 PM

Author Icon
Tex Zero
Peon

I just want to close this off by noting that AMD have provided me with the NSR bundle codes. 

A big thank you to Marc for sorting this out and to AMD for some good old customer service.

06/06/2013 02:13 AM

Author Icon
Tex Zero
Peon

I spoke to soon. Codes being rejected with the error This unique ID has already been sent a game key.

Statistics
86394 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.