Topic Title: Didn't get a code with my video card.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/18/2013 01:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/18/2013 01:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wilcoholic
Peon

As the title says. I see that there are other topics regarding the same issue and that some vendors aren't participating, but I just feel like I have been cheated out of free games. I saw the promotion on newegg and figured they were included when you bought it anywhere.

This stinks. I honestly feel like returning the video card now. Those games were what made me chose AMD/ATI in the first place.

06/18/2013 01:04 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You could always return the product, and purchase it from a vendor that is participating.  You should also verify that your retailer is (or is not) participating, because it is possible the retailer has not provided you the coupon-codes by mistake.

I can understand your disappointment, but I don't think you have been cheated.  AMD cannot be held responsible for what customers assume,  and I believe AMD's Marketing teams have done a good job of making customers aware the promotion is available from participating retailers.  There is always ways to improve, however, so if you have any feedback on where you felt the messaging of "only at participating retailers" was not clear - I am quite willing to pass that feedback on to the appropriate individuals.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

06/18/2013 03:30 PM

Author Icon
wilcoholic
Peon

Thanks for the reply. I saw the list of retailers and my retailer is indeed not on there.

The problem is that on Newegg it doesn't say the actual name of the deal (Never Settle) and it doesn't say that it is specific to only certain vendors. Nor does it provide a link to the list of vendors that are offering the promotion. It just says "Free FC 3 Blood Dragon, Bioshock & Tomb Raider, limited offer".

I'll be returning and going with an Nvidia instead, this experience (as stupid as it may be) has left a bad taste in my mouth. Thanks for the information.

06/19/2013 04:05 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Your complaint is with how the retailer, Newegg, marketed the promotion - and not AMD.  It is good feedback, however, as I am not sure what existing controls AMD has, or can further put in place to enforce with the vendors with things like this.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

06/22/2013 02:24 AM

Author Icon
Hemanthkps
Peon

Dear Marc,

I am from India and, there are Zero vendorers participating from here. It is sad to see that not only the AMD products are priced higher here, they do not even come with any benefits. Can AMD do something about it?

Oh and, to rub it in, AMD shows this promotional offer in their Indian website!

Thanks,

KP

Edited: 06/22/2013 at 02:33 AM by Hemanthkps
Statistics
80947 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.