Topic Title: Never Settle Reloaded
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/13/2013 12:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/13/2013 12:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
EagleTG
Peon

The Never Settle Reloaded promotion is horrendous from the consumer perspective.  Pitting the consumer against the retailer on a promotion that is sponsored, endorsed and advertised by AMD is unfair.

AMD's support of this promotion is atrocious, these forums show some great examples of that. Email support is nonexistent in my experience.

AMD should be ashamed. If you want to give games with your cards, then DO IT.  Don't advertise it with no intention of following through.  I'm shocked the gaming public is putting up with this and not creating more of a scene on the internet.

08/14/2013 08:56 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I think your sentiment is the opposite of the vast majority of individuals that have participated in this promotion.  The promotion has been so successful - in fact - that today AMD launched our latest promotion: Never Settle Forever!

I do not think you've actually looked through some of the threads on this forum either.  If you're experiencing an issue with redeeming your NSR Coupon-Code, please explain the issue and I'll see what I can do for you.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/14/2013 12:41 PM

Author Icon
EagleTG
Peon

My issue with this promotion lies with the following statements on AMD's FAQ page for this promotion:

Q3: I bought an AMD Radeon graphics product from a participating vendor, but I did not receive a unique coupon code. Why?

A3: AMD supplies the vendors with a limited number of coupon codes to distribute to their customers. Please contact your vendor to obtain the unique coupon code. However, please know that the terms and conditions of the promotion stipulate that the promotion is available while supplies last.

Q4: My participating vendor says they are out of unique coupon codes, can I get one directly from AMD?

A4: Unfortunately, that is not possible. The offer is only good while supplies last with participating resellers.
This is directly pitting the customers against the retailers in a situation where AMD may or may not have provided the required number of coupons to the retailers.  The retailers may or may not have confirmed that the coupons were properly distributed.  The retailers don't have the coupons inventoried (as they are non-inventory items).

This promotion is clearly anti-consumer and anti-retailer.  Think about it from the customer perspective.  This is wholly frustrating, and has been a complete waste of time on something that should have been easy.  I've had many calls into the retailer locally, management staff, corporate, national sales lines, national support lines, and still no resolution to the issue.  Directly pitting me, the customer, against the retailer.  This is not a time limited promotion as indicated by the promotional websites, but more of a lottery-style "hey, you might get a game if you are the first X number of customers".  Again, I find this to be completly unfair to the consumer.

My comment about other members of the forum doesn't matter in the scope of my issues with the promotion, but there are plenty of threads in my research where users did not appear to have received the assistance they asked for.  If they did, there was no follow-up to the threads.
In my case, I've had a run around from every angle of trying to get the games I am due for a purchase of a Radeon 7950 video card.  I've followed all of the proper steps (bought the proper card, from a supported retailer), yet am being told that the codes are out of stock.  They are also indicating that these cards are not something that are likely to be restocked.

I sent a support ticket into AMD via the support page, and have not received a response to-date.

The purchase of this card over a competitive Nvidia card boiled-down to the bundled games, and here I am without the bundled games.

Judging by the FAQ information above, I had (possibly mistakenly) assumed that AMD would be no direct help in the matter.  I was more interested in expressing the frustrations that this issue has apparently caused and show the absurdity of the way the promotion was orchestrated by AMD.

If AMD can help me directly, please let me know the information I need to provide in order to get the games I am due.

Thank you.
 08/14/2013 02:11 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You have yet to state the specifics of the issue you're experiencing!

If you sent a support ticket into AMD, can you provide me the ticket number to investigate?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/14/2013 02:26 PM

Author Icon
EagleTG
Peon

All I have from the automated system when I submitted my request is the following:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting AMD Global Customer Care.

We have created a Customer Care Support account based on the details you submitted with your service request.

A separate email containing your service request reference number will follow.

Thank you for choosing AMD!

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care"

I never received the "separate email" as indicated so therefore don't have a ticket number.

My issue is in receiving the games promised as part of the Radeon 7950 Never Settle Reloaded promotion.

08/14/2013 02:46 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD You have yet to state the specifics of the issue you're experiencing!

Stating, "My issue is in receiving the games promised as part of the Radeon 7950 Never Settle Reloaded promotion" is not enough for me to properly address your issue, as there are many questions unanswered.

For exmaple:

1. From which vendor did you buy your graphics card
  2. When did you buy the graphics card, and do you have a copy of your receipt still?
  3. Did you receive a coupon-code from the vendor?
  4. If you did receive a coupon-code, was the problem in redeeming the code, and getting the e-mail with the game-keys?

Indeed, it would appear you understand that the AMD Never Settle Reloaded (and now Never Settle Forever) promotion is based upon buying an eligible product from a participating vendor that has supply of the coupon codes.  This is all clearly stated in the Terms and Conditions of the promotions.

I would recommend you PM me with the specifics of your issue, and also include:

• full name
  • e-mail address

I can try to look you up in our system for the ticket you submitted, and also try to address your issue.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

08/14/2013 04:17 PM

Author Icon
EagleTG
Peon

The retailer was finally able to help me.  I'm now just waiting for the Bioshock code due to the "temporary delay" that I've seen others discussing.

I still think there could have been far easier ways to work this promotion, I stand behind the stance I took in my previous posts.

Thanks.

08/14/2013 04:30 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Glad you were able to resolve the matter with the vendor.  PM me the details below, and I can get your Bioshock: Infinite key quickly.

• first and last name
  • e-mail address
  • coupon-code

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and feedback is always good.  Naturally there are a myriad of factors the customer is not privy to when it comes to the mechanics of running a promotion such as this, however.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

08/14/2013 04:50 PM

Author Icon
EagleTG
Peon

PM Sent.  Thanks for the assistance.

08/14/2013 05:13 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You're welcome.  I did recieve your PM, and - just now - replied with your game-key.  Also check your e-mail.  

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

08/14/2013 09:52 PM

Author Icon
EagleTG
Peon

Got it, everything seems to be in order.  Thanks again.

Statistics
87499 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.