Topic Title: **STICKY** | Bioshock: Infinite Game-Key Delivery Delay
Topic Summary: Information about the delivery of Bioshock: Infinite Game-Keys
Created On: 08/27/2013 04:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/27/2013 04:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

UPDATE:

I have been informed the delay/stoppage on delivery of Bioshock: Infinite game-keys is over.  There is, however, a significant volume of keys that now need to be distributed.  The estimated time it will take to deliver these keys is currently 2-3 days.

On July 31, 2013 a temporary hold on the deployment of Bioshock: Infinite game-keys was put in place.  Delays in game-key delivery occur from time to time as we work to update our systems accordingly.  Any delayed game-keys will be delivered as soon as possible. This temporary hold continues, but please be assured AMD is actively attending to this issue.

If you have redeemed your Coupon-Code, and received game-keys for the other games you were entitled too, no further action is required on your part.  Please be patient.  The AMD4U Support Team will automatically distribute the Bioshock: Infinite game-key to you once the temporary hold is lifted.

Please be certain you remain subscribed to the distribution e-mail to ensure your receive your game-key without any additional delay.  You can do so here: http://www.amd4u.com/subscription/subscribe.php 

If you have further questions you are welcome to contact the AMD4U Support Team via e-mail.  You are also welcome to reply to this thread with your questions.  I will be monitoring this thread and will assist as best I can.  I will also provide updates when they are provided to me.

AMD4U Support Team E-Mail: support@amd4u.com

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Edited: 10/17/2013 at 01:43 PM by Marc@AMD
 09/01/2013 12:14 AM

Author Icon
JohnPapi
Peon

Thanks for this however do you have a possible ETA as to when we will be able to receive our keys?

Once again thank you.

09/01/2013 12:12 PM

Author Icon
Da11en47
Peon

Hello,

I noticed in other threads that you have been emailing certain people CD keys if they have been waiting for long periods of time?

I have been waiting since August 5th. Thank you.

09/05/2013 02:17 AM

Author Icon
drvvij
Peon

I am also in the same boat. I've been waiting almost 4 weeks now. Can somebody help get my key?

09/05/2013 07:42 PM

Author Icon
krazykapper
Peon

Good luck, the keys are figments of your imagination, I should have known better.. this was too good to be true. The price of the game has since dropped to below 15$ when I bought my hardware it was worth 60$. AMD should be ASHAMED of themselves, I used to be a big fan but I'm converting to Nvidia and Intel for all my hardware, my familie's and my workplace. AMD support hasnt answered my email, 5 business days ago now, when they tell you that your are important to them and that someone will be in touch within 2 days.. pffff this is a joke
 09/05/2013 07:47 PM

Author Icon
krazykapper
Peon

And don't bother PM'ing Marc (moderator) because he can't help you either. This is the response I got;"I am not able to do that currently.  The issue with the BS Keys should be resolved shortly.  Please be patient. The key will come."
 09/05/2013 10:33 PM

Author Icon
recode
Peon

I doubt it would happen, but it would be nice if AMD did something for people who have been waiting for an extended amount of time.

09/06/2013 02:59 AM

Author Icon
drvvij
Peon

I dont understand what the problem is. No response to three emails and no eta. There are plenty of keys available. They can be generated with a click of a button. Even if they could offer alternate titles instead. It's a bit joke now. Wont be buying amd gpus again

09/06/2013 06:39 AM

Author Icon
customer
Peon

about a month now still no key. amdsupport4u is beyond a joke they are ignoring my emails now too the one they did answer they still wouldnt give a staight answer to my question. i will never buy amd again or recomend them to anyone not because of key problem but customer service and integrity or lack of
 09/06/2013 08:35 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: krazykapper And don't bother PM'ing Marc (moderator) because he can't help you either. This is the response I got;"I am not able to do that currently.  The issue with the BS Keys should be resolved shortly.  Please be patient. The key will come."

I am not sure how you interpret, "The key will come." into "The keys are figment of your imagination."  If I say those that are entitled to a game-key will get their game-key - they'll get their game key.

I am just as frustrated by this extended delay as everyone else is.  It is also disappointing to hear that some people are not recieving replies to their e-mails sent to support@amd4u.com.  I know the AMD4U Support Team is a little back-logged with continuous e-mails asking for game-keys, but replies should come, and I would expect within 72hrs (max).

When you send a e-mail, you should get an auto-reply from the system.  If you don't, then you likely have spam/junk filters.  You also want to ensure that you remain subscribed to their distribution e-mail. 

If anyone wishes, you can PM me your e-mail address and first and last name.  I can work with the AMD4U Team to figure out why you are not getting any reply e-mails.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

09/06/2013 01:27 PM

Author Icon
customer
Peon

thank you for offering to help get a response however i have followed the links to make sure i stay suscribed and have received the automated response but understand a personal reply should be forthcoming in 48 hours i left in an extra 24 before i sent another lets see if that one gets replied to.i understand it isnt the staffs fault and they are probably overworked and undervalued however management should be able to answer these questions & if staff dont know they should ask management i dont think its asking much to expect an honest answer to a simple question whats the eta on game key
 09/06/2013 05:18 PM

Author Icon
ijap
Peon

I've emailed AMD support about 3 times since August 11th. They've sent me the same automated response every single time - that they will get back to me within 2 business days, but they've never gotten back to me. This is extremely frustrating.

09/06/2013 06:32 PM

Author Icon
krazykapper
Peon

Marc, I'm not trying to offend you personally or anything, and when I said the keys were "figments" it's because there is absolutely no valid excuse or reason not to be providing your clients with the keys, even if it means buying them from other retaillers. They are available from many different sites, if there is a corporate screw up I'm sure 2K games will gladly repay any expenses AMD occures to provide their clients with the game. The other point I mentionned and what frustrates me most is that the game has since dropped ALOT in value and we are now getting a 15$ game instead of the 60$ game we were promised back when we purchased our hardware. It's like ff you purchased a car for $20,000, started making the monthly payements and they made you wait a month and a half to have the car you're paying for, and the car's price has since been reduced by 75%. I'm sorry but I would go to court and get that $15,000 back in my pocket. I really hope once this circus is settled, we get some sort of compensation.Now on a good note, I have received a reply from AMD support 4 u, however no eta was given. "Hello, We are still working to deliver the BioShock Infinite game keys and will send you a separate email containing this key as soon as it becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Regards, AMD Gaming Support"
 09/06/2013 09:09 PM

Author Icon
Mikeakajb
Peon

I redeemed my card back in Aug 4, 2013.  It's been a month and still no game.  Basically, AMD induced people to buy video cards based around their design with the promise of said games as a promotion.

There was a unilateral contract pretty much which consumers performed in good faith.  However, AMD is in breach of said contract because they obviously didn't have enough of the games to go around as they did redemptions cards they sent out which would be considered acting in bad faith.  In some states this would be against consumer protection laws and pretty much would be considered fraud.

Consumers who still haven't received their games after a month should file complaints with the attorney general of their respective states.  AMD is basically acting in bad faith and are using shady business practices by deceives the consumers.  Said games had a value back when we bought the cards.  The delay is quite drastic being over a month or more in some cases.  Said games are now devalued significantly which changes the overall perceived net cost of video cards when purchased some time ago.

Example how it triggered consumers to buy said products with the promise of receiving games in a timely manner:  

If it weren't for the games being offered with the video card, then I would not have purchased said video card at the price I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is no different then buying any product which was promised to include some item but you had to contact the manufacture directly to receive said item when in fact the manufacture never had any item to give to you.

Edited: 09/06/2013 at 09:19 PM by Mikeakajb
 09/07/2013 11:20 AM

Author Icon
Another Peon
Peon

Interesting how new members are classified as Peons, kinda like it appears we're being treated.  

I redeemed my card on Aug 2 and have gotten the standard canned email replies.  Since these are always the same, it's clear that no one reads our messages and auto replies should never be late.  I think AMD owes us real answers since we purchased in good faith and have lost about $45 in real value as the awaited game ages. We don't want to be told to be patient, we want to know when or if we'll get the promised game before a new bioshock comes out or the game is in the bargain bin. Perhaps offer an alternative or credit at the online store to purchase another game.

09/08/2013 01:23 PM

Author Icon
savato28
Peon

im also waiting for my key, got my 7850 over a month ago and had AMD ignore 3 of my emails, i can tell you this they are losing valuable customers treating us like this. Im not impressed

09/09/2013 11:59 AM

Author Icon
Mikeakajb
Peon

I just got my game key this morning at 8:15 am

I hope everyone else gets their key.  It's kind of funny how I pointed out how illegal what they are pulling late on a friday night.  Then first thing in the morning on the next business day (monday) in the morning I get the game key.

Plus there is no official announcement on the forum from staff stating the delay is over and game keys will be sent shortly.

Funny

09/09/2013 01:38 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Mikeakajb, you beat me to posting.

The delay of Bioshock: Infinite keys is still unresolved.  From the information I have been able to gather, however, I am expecting the issue will be resolved by week's end.

What I was able to do - was push to get keys sent out to those that have recently PM'd me.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

09/09/2013 02:13 PM

Author Icon
krazykapper
Peon

Got me key around 11am today, thank you for your help Marc. Don't know if you can say a word to your superiors about maybe giving those who had to wait an extra game code for Farcry3 or another game in the promotion to help compensate for the loss of value on Bioshock. Not sure if it would work but worth a try to keep your customers loyal. Thank again

09/09/2013 07:48 PM

Author Icon
Da11en47
Peon

Got mine around 8:15 am as well. Thank you.

Let this be a lesson...

Statistics
86495 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.