Topic Title: AMD Subscription Center
Topic Summary: Unsubscribing to newsletters not possible
Created On: 08/29/2013 10:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/29/2013 10:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Video-cardboard
Peon

I've subscribed to several AMD newsletters in the past, which I'm still receiving. Clicking 'update' or 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of any newsletter brings up the so-called Subscription Center (both link to the same page), where you can check or uncheck certain newsletters.

Using Chrome, I can check all I want, nothing seems to change. Also, everything IS already unchecked for me and I'm still receiving newsletters. Under the info tab, the fields' content isn't stored either.

Am I overlooking something or is the page completely bugged?

08/29/2013 03:42 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Can you provide me some links and titles of newsletters you're receiving from AMD.  I'll need to investigate, because as it stands I'm not entirely aware of the Subscription Center or newsletters to which you speak of. 

To confirm: You want to unsubscribe to all of them, correct?

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/30/2013 07:42 AM

Author Icon
Video-cardboard
Peon

Well yeah, I'd like to unsubscribe from all but the driver letters.

http://global.amd.com/LP=310?s=2330

Here is the standard page, not linked to an e-mail address. Should be fixable by adding a OK button right?

Edited: 09/04/2013 at 08:16 AM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
 09/03/2013 09:13 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Thank you for the link.  Can I confirm that you have unchecked all the newletters you want, and then clicked "Update"?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

09/03/2013 05:01 PM

Author Icon
Video-cardboard
Peon

Well that's exactly the problem, there is no Update button. I've looked multiple times and am sure it's not there, at least for me.

09/04/2013 08:18 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I am using Internet Explorer 8 here at work.  I see a "My Info" and "My Subscriptions" tab near the top.  On both those pages (after clicking the tab) I see an "Update" button near the bottom.

Clear all browser cache and history. Close browser, and reopen.  Try again.  Try another browser too.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

09/04/2013 10:36 AM

Author Icon
Video-cardboard
Peon

I've checked and in Opera the button shows, even in Opera Next, which uses the same engine as Chrome. After cleaning up the cache and such the button still won't appear in Chrome though.

09/05/2013 01:47 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

When I get home, I can check Chrome.  To confirm though, you managed to resolve your issue using Opera.  The update button worked?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

09/08/2013 07:33 AM

Author Icon
Video-cardboard
Peon

Yes it worked and got to update my preferences.

Statistics
84726 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.