Topic Title: Ubisoft Far Cry 3 Promo Refusal
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/16/2013 08:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/16/2013 08:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JudgeDredd
Peon

HiI recently purchased Radeon 7950 and it came with a small promo card suggesting I get a free game (Far Cry 3) from the Ubisoft shop.When I went to the shop and put the code in (I followed the instructions on the card) it showed as $43. I wasn't actually going to pay for the game so I went back and tried the code again (in case I had entered it wrong or pressed an incorrect button) but this time it told me the code was invalid.I contacted Ubi who informed me"If you are receiving an invalid promo code or the code does not change the purchase price you will first need to make sure that you are entering the key manually in the Click Here to Redeem section of the first page of the Shopping Cart. Copying and pasting can sometimes cause a registration failure. You will also need to use the link to the game purchase that was provided by the hardware manufacturer. [AMD] ATI card with FC3http://shop.ubi.com/amdfarcry Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon PChttp://shop.ubi.com/FC3BDAMD If you continue receiving the promo code issue will need to contact AMD or the retailer that you purchased the hardware through to receive a replacement code."Any ideas please? I did pay £250 for this card...I don't think I'm out of order trying to take advantage of the free game offer.Thanks

-------------------------
 09/16/2013 08:50 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

What particular promotion are you trying to participate in?  If I were to hazard a guess to your particular problem, it would be:

What you got in the box was NOT a game-key to redeem with Ubisoft's uPlay.  What you got was a coupon-code that you need to redeem on the appropriate Never Settle: Reloaded, or Never Settle: Forever page (depending upon the promotion you bought the card under).  Redeem the coupon-code for the actual game-keys that come in an e-mail to you.  Then take the game-key in the e-mail to uPlay.

That's just a guess, however.   I need to know the particular promotion you bought into to help further.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

09/16/2013 08:57 AM

Author Icon
JudgeDredd
Peon

Hi MarcThanks for the quick response.There is indeed a sealed envelope in with the card for yhe 7900 Series (Gold) which, looking at the details entitles me to 3 games from the GOLD list on your redemption webpage. This envelope came separate from the card box.However - the box also contained a single card which said I could redeem it at the UBI shop for Far Cry 3. It had it's own code and it said I could go to HTTP://shop.ubi.com/amdfarcryAs I said - this was differnt to the separate envelope I received which has the AMD redemption codes for games on your GOLD list.[URL=http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Misc/ccb1b863-921e-4715-9677-ad2ac497aae7_zps0ca142e9.jpg.html][/URL][URL=http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/wmar1967/media/Misc/20130911_160006_zps6ad992cd.jpg.html][/URL]

09/17/2013 04:33 PM

Author Icon
JudgeDredd
Peon

Any ideas about this Marc please?

09/18/2013 02:35 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

Did you try contacting support@amd4u.com, as detailed on the card there? If so, what dates did you e-mail them, and what dates did you get a response?

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 09/18/2013 04:09 PM

Author Icon
JudgeDredd
Peon

lol - sorry Kent I didn't - and I actually don't know why!I'll get in touch with them and if I don't have any joy, I'll post back here.Thanks.

10/02/2013 02:53 PM

Author Icon
Blaquespell
Peon

I'm having the same issue with Far Cry 3. I participated in the Never Settle Forever promotion which allowed me to pick 3 games. My choices were Saints Row IV, Far Cry 3 and DmC Devil May Cry. Saints Row and Devil May Cry were Steam keys, and they worked fine to redeem the games. Far Cry 3 on the other hand came as promo code that has to been inserted in Ubisoft's store when you add Far Cry 3 to your cart. I followed the instructions to the letter to make sure I was following the correct link (shop.ubi.com/amdfarcry). When I add the promo code either by cut and paste or typing it in manually, I get an error message "Invalid Promo Code". Ubisoft says I have to contact AMD for a new code. I did so, but support@amd4u.com hasn't been too helpful. I've been dealing with them for a week now on the subject. I've provided a photo of the coupon with the scratched off area to reveal the code that I entered on the promotion website. They are now requiring me to provide them an additional photo of the receipt of my purchase. Unfortunately in the days waiting for a reply from someone on the issue, my receipt can no longer be located. I've told support this with no response. So I'm now at a standstill on what happens next. Have I lost all chances at getting a good code to redeem or what? I don't see anywhere where it states that proof of purchase outside of the coupon is required in order to get working promo codes.

10/09/2013 10:43 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

PM sent to you, Blaquespell.

AMD Customer Care

Statistics
84982 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.