Topic Title: Invalid game key from radeon rewards
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/21/2013 04:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/21/2013 04:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
unholypulpit
Peon

I purchased a XFX Radeon 7850 on the 10th. I went to claim which 2 games I wanted throught the site and everything worked well. My game i redeemed through steam worked fine but I choose a game that required uplay which didn't. Downloadede uplay software, signed in, when to redeem the game but insist game code I recieved is invalid. I then contacted uplay support and recieved this email;

"Hi unholypulpit, 

After contacting AMD, I ask that you contact them in regards to your faulty code. I understand this may seem like you are being dragged around, but in fact the keys we gave to AMD were correct. There promo codes are not being accepted as a fault on AMD's end. 

Please follow the link below. 

http://www.amd.com/us/aboutamd/contact-us/Pages/contact-us.aspx 

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and I appreciate your understanding"

So now I am here. HELP ME PLEASE!!! I LOVE AMD PRODUCTS

-------------------------

10/21/2013 04:32 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

What game are you trying to activate through uPlay? 

I know there is an outstanding issue with FC3:BD on uPlay only that we are aware of.  Not resolution yet.  Otherwise, the feedback I have received from the AMD4U Team is that almost always the actual game-key the customer gets for (typically FarCry 3) is valid (not invalid like uPlay says) unless the customer is NOT in North America or Latin America.

The AMD4U Team stresses the fact that the customer MUST use the instructions provided in the game-key e-mail they received.  For FarCry3, these are the instructions:

To redeem your promotional code for Far Cry 3, please follow the steps below:

1. Visit the Uplay Shop at http://shop.ubi.com/amdfarcry
  2. On the Checkout page, type your promo-code in the empty field named: Promo Code
  3. Click on the "Apply" button
  4. Check that the Sub-total price on the right hand side shows that the Far Cry 3 PC Download is free of charge
  5. Click on the Checkout button and follow the steps to complete your purchase.  PLEASE NOTE: We require only the address fields to be completed, and agreement to the terms of sale on the payment page.  You are not required to enter payment information for this order
  6. Once the purchase has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email with all the download information
  7. Please ensure you take a note of your Order number in case you need to get in touch with us

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

10/21/2013 04:45 PM

Author Icon
unholypulpit
Peon

I ahve done that same way and the total remains the same. Code seems to enter fine, if I type another "random number" code I receive an error. "invalid code" When i enter give code it just dissappears and nothing is subtracted from total purchase price.

10/22/2013 09:01 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

You MUST use the link in the e-mail.  Can you confirm you used that link, and then followed the steps?

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

10/22/2013 07:48 PM

Author Icon
95GTSpeedDemon
Peon

Originally posted by: Marc@AMD What game are you trying to activate through uPlay? 

I know there is an outstanding issue with FC3:BD on uPlay only that we are aware of.  Not resolution yet.  Otherwise, the feedback I have received from the AMD4U Team is that almost always the actual game-key the customer gets for (typically FarCry 3) is valid (not invalid like uPlay says) unless the customer is NOT in North America or Latin America.

The AMD4U Team stresses the fact that the customer MUST use the instructions provided in the game-key e-mail they received.  For FarCry3, these are the instructions:

To redeem your promotional code for Far Cry 3, please follow the steps below:

1. Visit the Uplay Shop at http://shop.ubi.com/amdfarcry
  2. On the Checkout page, type your promo-code in the empty field named: Promo Code
  3. Click on the "Apply" button
  4. Check that the Sub-total price on the right hand side shows that the Far Cry 3 PC Download is free of charge
  5. Click on the Checkout button and follow the steps to complete your purchase.  PLEASE NOTE: We require only the address fields to be completed, and agreement to the terms of sale on the payment page.  You are not required to enter payment information for this order
  6. Once the purchase has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email with all the download information
  7. Please ensure you take a note of your Order number in case you need to get in touch with us

;Marc

THANK YOU, this fixed my issue!

Statistics
81037 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.